Signature Cocktails Feature Names Like The Grand Alliance and Thirsty in LA
Normally, when a place has the name of Britian’s most famous prime minister, you expect it to be heavy on beer, and also brandy and scotch. After all the latter two were favorites of Winston Churchill.
And, indeed The Churchill in Los Angeles’ West 3rd Street midsection, features 20 regional and craft beers.
But it also has wines and creative cocktails and wines. And now, its has expanded the drink menu with the introduction of a dozen new signature drinks. They are all creatively named and if they taste as good as they sound and look, they are certainly worth a taste:
• The Grand Alliance: Plymouth Gin, Carpano, Campari, Maraschino
• Hyde Park Fizz: Nolet’s gin, Bonal Quina, honey, lime, cucumber, basil, soda
• Thirsty in LA: Correlejo Reposado, Aperol, Ciociaro Amaro, mezcal rinse
• The Iron Mule: Russian Standard, ginger, lime, soda, bitters
• Norman’s Cable Car: Sailor Jerry Rum, housemade curacao, lemon, cinnamon&sugar rim
• The Churchill Old Fashioned: Old Fitzgerald bourbon, house bitters, sugar
• The Statesman: Famous Grouse, apricot, lemon, baked apple bitters, sparkling
• Baby’s First Bourbon: Bulleit Bourbon, orgeat, lemon, dashes house bitters
• The Bulldog: Milagro blanco, passion, pineapple, lime, jalepeno
• Rye 2 Ways: Bulleit Rye, dry vermouth, grenadine, lemon, up. Or add Allagash White for Fizzy & Tall.
• The Grapes of Wrath: Kappa Pisco, lime, pineapple, whites, bitters, cinnamon
• Amelia: Kettle One, lemon, St.Germaine,violet, blackberries
The drinks were created by Mia Sarazen, who placed in the Top 10 in 2011’s GQ/Bombay Sapphire Search for the Most Inspired Bartender. She used the rustic indoor decor and garden patio with the fireplace of The Churchill as inspiration.
“Drinks,” she said, “should be an accessory to the room you’re in at The Churchill.”
The Churchill has Happy hour daily from 3-7 p.m., and on Sundays and Mondays has a late-night Happy Hour starting at 10 p.m. There’s a DJ on Thursday nights.
The restaurant and bar is located at 8384 West 3rd Street in West Hollywood. It’s between the Farmer’s Market/The Grove and the Beverly Center.
Leave a Reply