DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “In-Flight Catering Services Market – Global Outlook & Forecast 2023-2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global in-flight catering services market is expected to experience substantial growth, with a projected Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.45% from 2022 to 2028. Several trends and opportunities are influencing the dynamics of this market.
Key Market Trends and Opportunities
Shift Towards Pre-packaged Food: The in-flight catering services market is witnessing a shift towards pre-packaged food due to its convenience, variety, cost savings, waste reduction benefits, ease of service, and quality. Pre-packaged food offers consistent taste and quality, requires less preparation time, and can be efficiently stored and transported in bulk.
Rising International Travel and Tourism: The growth of international travel and tourism is driving the demand for high-quality food and beverage options during flights. Increasing global population, rising disposable incomes, and the growth of the sharing economy contribute to the expansion of the travel and tourism industry.
- Stringent Norms and Regulations: Stringent regulations related to food safety, hygiene standards, and airport security can lead to higher costs and affordability challenges for airlines seeking in-flight catering services. Compliance with these regulations requires catering companies to invest in specialized equipment, staff training, and frequent inspections, thereby increasing costs.
The global in-flight catering services market is segmented based on various factors:
- Aircraft Class: Economy Class, Business Class, and First Class & Private Jets.
- Distance: Short & Mid Haul Flights and Long Haul Flights.
- Services: Meals, Beverages, Bakery & Confectionery, and Others.
Aircraft Class: The economy class held the largest market share in 2022, driven by the affordability and popularity of this travel class. In-flight catering for economy class typically includes snacks and beverages, and some airlines may offer complimentary meals.
Distance: The long-haul flight distance segment dominated the market, given the demanding nature of catering services required for flights exceeding 6 hours. This segment often includes multiple meal services, snacks, premium beverages, and specialized dietary options.
Services: The meals segment holds significant market share, offering various meal options to passengers across different classes. Recent trends focus on providing healthier and more diverse meal options, catering to specific diets.
- Europe: Europe leads the global in-flight catering services market, driven by its well-connected cities, airlines, routes, and frequency of flights. The region’s established airline industry contributes to demand for catering services.
The in-flight catering services market is highly competitive, with players vying for market share through price, quality, innovation, and service offerings. Key players include Gate Gourmet, LSG Sky Chefs, Do & Co, Dnata, SATS, Emirates Flight Catering, and Newrest Group International. Smaller niche companies and regional players also play a significant role in catering to specific airline needs.
Key Company Profiles
- Cathay Pacific Airways
- Do & Co Aktiengesellschaft
- The Emirates Group
- Flying Food Group
- LSG Group
- Newrest Group International
- Brahim’s Holding
Other Prominent Vendors
- Abby’s Catering
- Aero Angles Catering
- Air Culinaire Worldwide
- Air Fayre
- Casino Air Caterers and Flight Services (CAFS)
- Cookin Food Sweden
- Evergreen Sky Catering
- AAS Catering
- GIC International
- KLM Catering Services
- Kitchen Cuisine Flight Catering
- Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
- Royal Blue Catering
- Qatar Airways
- Sancak Inflight Services
- Catering Air Algerie
- Egyptair In-flight Services
- Manny Catering
- SriLankan Catering
- Scarlett House Food
Market Dynamics Recapped
Opportunities & Trends
- Growth in Aviation Industry
- Rise in Outsourcing Trends in In-Flight Catering Services
- Shift Toward Pre-Packaged Food
- Increasing Air Connectivity in Travel and Tourism
- Rising International Travel and Tourism Industry
- Rising Consumer Spending and Disposable Income
- Rise in Demand for Low-Cost Airlines
- Stringent Norms & Regulations
Key Topics Covered
1 Research Methodology
2 Research Objectives
3 Research Process
4 Scope & Coverage
5 Report Assumptions & Caveats
6 Premium Insights
7 Market at a Glance
9 Market Opportunities & Trends
10 Market Growth Enablers
11 Market Restraints
12 Market Landscape
13 Aircraft Class
17 North America
20 Middle East & Africa
21 Latin America
22 Competitive Landscape
23 Key Company Profile
24 Other Prominent Vendors
25 Report Summary
26 Quantitative Summary
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/46o6ih
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900