ORLANDO, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Travel + Leisure Co. (NYSE:TNL), the world’s leading membership and leisure travel company, today published its 2022 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report. The annual report provides an overview of the company’s progress and benchmarks, recognizing its ongoing commitment to integrate ESG practices into global business operations.
The Travel + Leisure Co. mission to put the world on vacation is delivered through its commitment to responsible tourism and the broader impact it strives to make as an organization.
Some key areas of focus in this year’s report include:
- Simultaneously reduced water usage by over 2.7 million gallons compared to 2021, despite a year-over-year increase in occupancy.
- Completed 119 energy efficiency projects (an investment of $9.8 million) in partnership with resort Homeowners’ Associations, contributing to a 35.5% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions intensity compared to the 2010 baseline.
- 2022 talent management efforts resulted in a 21% increase in diverse hiring and promotions at the Vice President-and-above level.
- Gallup-administered 2022 Associate Engagement Survey (AES) ranked the company in the 86th percentile for the tourism industry on the inclusion question: “At work, I feel comfortable being myself.”
- 3 out of 4 committees of the Board of Directors oversee aspects of ESG program.
“With operations spanning the globe, we have a broad perspective of the world’s diverse communities. This lens has deepened our sense of responsibility and commitment to the people, places and environments that drive our mission to put the world on vacation,” said Michael D. Brown, president and CEO of Travel + Leisure Co. “In addition to providing exceptional vacation experiences, we are committed to ongoing engagement with our global associates, customers, suppliers, and stakeholders to responsibly contribute to the communities where we live and work.”
Inclusive of references to global reporting frameworks including GRI, SASB, and TCFD, and several ESG rating and ranking agencies, the Travel + Leisure Co. 2022 ESG Report shares the company’s progress against environmental and social goals and governance, activated through the Travel + Leisure Co. Full Circle ESG Program. The ESG team also aligned the company’s priorities with industry-leading associations such as the International Tourism Partnership and the World Travel and Tourism Council.
To view the 2022 Travel + Leisure Co. ESG Report and learn more about the company’s ESG goals and targets, please click here.
About Travel + Leisure Co.
As the world’s leading membership and leisure travel company, Travel + Leisure Co. (NYSE:TNL) transformed the way families vacation with the introduction of the most dynamic points-based vacation ownership program at Club Wyndham, and the first vacation exchange network, RCI. The company delivers more than six million vacations each year at 245+ timeshare resorts worldwide, through tailored travel and membership products, and via Travel + Leisure GO – the signature subscription travel club inspired by the pages of Travel + Leisure magazine. With hospitality and responsible tourism at the heart of all we do, our 19,500+ dedicated associates bring out the best in people and places around the globe. We put the world on vacation. Learn more at travelandleisureco.com.
Senior Vice President, FP&A and Investor Relations