Airline Industry’s BVIs Event Theme, Locations & Bars
It’s the Moorings Interline Regatta in the British Virgin Islands, the annual event of sailboats and silliness, primarily for those in the airline industry and friends of airline industry employees.
Once again, the Moorings sailboat charters, host of this crazy event, has put together a fun party schedule for the 2019 event. The days of this 10-day flotilla of fun are Oct. 8-17.
The themes include party animals, superheroes, a neon party and the traditional pirate party, which is on Oct. 14.
The locations hit many of the beaches and beach bars of the British Virgin Islandss, including Trellis Bay, the Anegada Reef Hotel and the legendary Foxy’s.
To be in the regatta, you need to register with the Moorings but you can also tag along on one of the “party cats,” rented catamarans that follow the parties on a nightly basis.
Naturally, this requires your having a sailboat to island-hop for to the parties, and a capable skipper to captain that boat.
Here’s the full schedule with the nightly themes and locations:
• Oct. 8 – Wildest Fantasies, Ocean’s 7 Beach Club
• Oct. 9 – Party Animals, Foxy’s
• Oct. 10 – Welcome Party, Moorings Marina (regatta participants only; wristband required)
• Oct. 11 – Superheroes, Trellis Bay
• Oct. 12 – Neon Night, Coco Maya, Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor
• Oct. 13 – ABC party, Anegada Reef Hotel
• Oct. 14 – Pirates theme party, Leverick Bay Resort, Leverick Bay
• Oct. 15 –Awards Ceremony, Pirates Bight
• Oct. 16 – Free Day
• Oct. 17 – Free Day
For more on this event, check out PubClub’s Interline Regatta review!