Airline Industry’s Annual Boat Party Returns To BVIs After Hurricane Irma
The airline industry’s crazy Moorings Interline Regatta is back on for 2018. After being canceled last year, it will take place Oct. 9-18.
There is one venue change; instead of the Miami Vice theme party taking place at the Bitter End Yacht Club, it’s now at Coco Maya, Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor in Coco Maya. The Bitter End Yacht Club was destroyed by the hurricane.
The Moorings Interline Regatta is 10 days of sailboat racing and yacht and dock theme parties at the various beaches and bars of the BVIs. It has some serious racers with airline pilots and crew from all over the world but there are also hundreds of other more causal “participants” who charter luxurious catamarans and simply island-hop from party to party each night.
This year’s event begins with the traditional pirates party and it also has theme parties for Miami Vice, Baywatch, Arabian Knights and, looking ahead to Halloween, Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).
The locations hit many of the beach bars of the BVIs, including the Bitter End Yacht Club, Pirates Bight and the legendary Foxy’s.
Here’s the full schedule with the nightly themes and locations:
• Oct. 9 – Pirate theme party, Pirates Bight, Norman Island
• Oct. 10 – Dia de los Muertos, Foxy’s, Great Harbor, Jost Van Dyke
• Oct. 11 – Official Welcome Party, Mariner Inn & Marina, Road Town (wristband required)
• Oct. 12 – Baywatch theme party, Aragon’s Studio, Trellis Bay, Tortola
• Oct. 13 – Miami Vice theme, Coco Maya, Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor
• Oct. 14 – Saints And Sinners theme party, Anegada Reef Hotel
• Oct. 15 –Arabian Nights theme party, Leverick Bay Resort, Leverick Bay
• Oct. 16 – Awards Ceremony, Scrub Island
For more on this event, check out PubClub’s Interline Regatta review!