Airline Industry’s BVIs Event Theme, Locations & Bars
It’s the Moorings Interline Regatta, the annual event of sailboats and silliness, primarily for those in the airline industry and friends of airline industry employees.
Once again, the Moorings sailboat charters, host of this crazy event, has put together a fun party schedule for the 2018 event. After the event was canceled in 2017 due to Hurricane Irma, it’s back on for this year with the dates being Oct. 9-18.
It kicks off with the traditional pirates party and also includes themes for Miami Vice, Baywatch, Arabian Knights and, looking ahead to Halloween, Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead).
The locations hit many of the beach bars of the BVIs, including the Bitter End Yacht Club, Pirates Bight and the legendary Foxy’s.
The locations are the beaches and beach bars of the British Virgin Islands. To be in the regatta, you need to register with the Moorings but you can also tag along on one of the “party cats,” rented catamarans that follow the parties on a nightly basis.
Naturally, this requires your having a sailboat to island-hop for to the parties, and a capable skipper to captain that boat.
Here’s the full schedule with the nightly themes and locations:
• Oct. 9 – Pirate theme party, Pirates Bight, Norman Island
• Oct. 10 – Dia de los Muertos, Foxy’s, Great Harbor, Jost Van Dyke
• Oct. 11 – Official Welcome Party, Mariner Inn & Marina, Road Town (wristband required)
• Oct. 12 – Baywatch theme party, Aragon’s Studio, Trellis Bay, Tortola
• Oct. 13 – Miami Vice theme, Coco Maya, Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor
• Oct. 14 – Saints And Sinners theme party, Anegada Reef Hotel
• Oct. 15 –Arabian Nights theme party, Leverick Bay Resort, Leverick Bay
• Oct. 16 – Awards Ceremony, Scrub Island
For more on this event, check out PubClub’s Interline Regatta review!