Fully Vaccinated Americans & Canadians Can Now Visit This Beautiful Country
This statement from Pascal Prinz, Director Canada for Switzerland Tourism, should alone send you to your closest to pull out your suitcase and start preparing for a trip to that beautiful country.
“Hike and bike in the Swiss Alps, explore our boutique towns, swim in our turquoise lakes, discover in our four language regions and ride our scenic trains along palm trees and stunning glaciers,” he said in announcing Switzerland is now open to fully vaccinated travelers from Canada and the USA.
Here’s what you need to know if you are and American or Canadian looking to travel to Switzerland this summer.
From The USA To Switzerland By Air
• Fully vaccinated or fully recovered within the past 12 months (proof required)
• Negative test within the past 72 hours
• Children with parents under 16 no proof required
From Canada To Switzerland By Air
• Fully vaccinated only
• Children with parents under 15 no proof required
Information For All Travelers In Switzerland
• All travelers must fill out this on-line form from the Federal Office of Public Health
• Masks are required indoors and on public transportation
• Tourism board website: Myswitzerland.com/open
Swiss Air Summer Flights To Zurich
New summer direct flights to Zurich have been added from Boston, Chicago, JFK, Newark, Los Angeles, Miami, Montreal and San Francisco. A flexible booking policy is in effect thru July 31.
Swiss Air Website: swiss.com
So there you have it, all you need to know about traveling to Switzerland this summer. Once you get there, be sure and get the Swiss Travel Pass, which is good for transportation on the country’s trains, the city trams and buses and even boats on the lakes.
Here is another PubClub tip: Wherever you travel, be sure and have some of very good Swiss wine.
• Where to travel in Switzerland