Four Swiss Properties Named ‘World’s Best’
If you’re looking for a quality place to ski in the 2019-2020 season, then go to Switzerland, for it leads all countries when it comes to top hotels and resorts.
Four properties have been named the “World’s Best” by the World Ski Awards. Regarded as “the Oscars of the travel industry, the World Ski Awards is comprised of hundreds of thousands of tourism professionals, skiers, and media who cast their votes for their favorite ski tourism destinations and brands.
They were created to elevate standards within the ski industry, recognizing, rewarding, and celebrating excellence in ski tourism across the globe. Awards span across the world’s top 25 ski tourism nations, with categories that include ‘Best Ski Resort’, ‘Best Ski Hotel’, ‘Best Ski Boutique Hotel’, and ‘Best Ski Chalet.’
Here are Switzerland’s award winners:
• World’s Best Ski Hotel W Vebier (Verbier)
• World’s Best Ski Chalet: Chalet Les Anges (Zermatt)
• World’s Best Freestyle Resort: LAAX (Films Laax Falera)
• World’s Best Green Ski Hotel: Valsana Hotel & Appartements (Arosa)
Here’s some other award winners:
• World’s Best Ski Resort: Val Thorens (France)
• World’s Best New Ski Hotel: Le Massif (Italy)
• World’s Best New Ski Boutique Hotel: Ki Niseko (Japan)
• World’s Best Indoor Ski Resort: Ski Dubai (Dubai)
• United States Best Ski Resort: Deer Valley (Park City, Utah)
• United States Best Ski Hotel: Stein Erikson Lodge Deer Valley (Park City, Utah)
The 2019 awards ceremony was held in Kitzbühel, Austria.
You can view all the winners at: World Ski Awards.