Experiencing Restaurants & Wine Tasting Rooms On The California Coast
A pleasant little community needs pleasant little events and the town of Half Moon Bay, CA – along the coast between Santa Cruz and San Francisco – certainly has one each summer.
It’s called Passeggiata and it’s basically a stroll through town where you stop in at designated shops, restaurants and wine stores for specific sales and specials. You sample food and drink as you make your way through the town.
Passeggiata – an Italian term meaning “going for a stroll following a meal to meet up with friends and neighbors” – happens the third Thursday of the month from mid-May thru mid-September (the 2016 dates are May 19, June 16, July 21, Aug. 18, and Sept. 15).
It goes from 5-9 p.m., and you stroll from restaurant to restaurant while enjoying entertainment and activities along the way.
You purchase a “Passaporto” for $25 from the Half Moon Bay Chamber or any of the participating businesses; this is good for the full summer. Then you go to participating businesses and at restaurants you get an appetizer with the purchase of an alcoholic or specialty beverage (one appetizer per restaurant per passport), discounts at shops and wine tasting rooms, and there’s also live music.
• Cameron’s Restaurant
• Cowboy Fishing Co.
• Flying Fish Grill
• Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
• It’s Italia
• Pasta Moon
• Princeton Seafood Company
• San Benito House
• Sam’s Chowder House
• Seville Tapas
• Via Uno Cucina Italiana & Bar
Participating Retail Stores & Wineries
• Abode – 10% off of all in-store merchandise (excluding special orders)
• Barterra Winery – Complimentary focaccia appetizer
• Crow’s Nest – Sip and Save Wine & 10% off
• Goldworks – No tax
• Gourmet Appliance – Cooking demos & 10% off in store merchandise
• HMB Wine & Cheese – 15% discount on all food & beverage at the bar
• Luzluna Imports – 10% off entire purchase
• Nano’s Yogurt Shack – Buy one Lavazza Italian Espresso Café Latte & get 2nd one free
• Oddyssea – 2 Doudloons (garden activities) with Passport
• Sprockets – 20% off all merchandise
• The Posh Moon – 10% off and gift with purchase
• Toque Blanche – Cooking demos and 10% off one item
• West Main – 10% off all store merchandise
In addition to the above specials, shops also have tastings, fashion shows, scavenger hunts and other events.
• Fret and Fiddle
• Graesson Berbano
• Lighthouse String Band
• Randy Bales – Chinese Melodrame
For more information and to purchase a passport, contact the Half Moon Bay Chamber of Commerce at (650) 726-8380, www.halfmoonbaychamber.org.