The 2019 Redondo Beach Boat Parade is Saturday, Dec. 10.
While hardly as big as the Newport Beach Boat Parade or even the Marina del Rey Boat Parade (which happens on the same night) is is, none-the-less, a good social gathering for those in the South Bay region of Los Angeles.
It is hosted by King Harbor Yacht Club and basically involves a couple dozen boats circling the channel between the yacht club and the end of the Redondo Beach Pier. It does not go into the actual harbor, which is hardly big enough to accommodate a parade anyway.
Below is everything you need to know about the parade – where to watch it, the schedule and where to have a few boat drinks afterward.
Best Boat Parade Viewing Locations:
• The seawall next to the Portofino Hotel & in front of the Portofino banquet hall
• The boat launching path between Polly’s On The Pier & Joe’s Crab Shack
• End of the Redondo Beach Pier behind Kincaid’s restaurant
Boat Parade Schedule & Times:
4 p.m. – Music on the Disappearance
4:30 p.m. – SUP Parade Begins
5:30 p.m. – Cannon sounds & start of the Boat Parade
King Harbor Marina Boat Parade Details:
Date: & Times: Saturday, Dec. 10, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Location: King Harbor Marina Channel, Portofino Way and the Redondo Beach Pier
Address: 280 Yacht Club Way, Redondo Beach, CA
Best Bars For Post-Parade Drinks
• BALEENKitchen bar at the Portofino
• Old Tony’s (also good for before and during the parade)
• The Slip Bar & Eatery (good for the younger & single crowd. Mention the keywords “boat parade” for drink specials, including a $4 boat drink
• Shade Hotel it opening its upstairs deck during and after the boat parade for a party ($10 cover)
• Starboard Attitude (for down & dirty good live music)
• Naja’s Place
• R10 Social House
• King Harbor Yacht Club (this is the best place, of course, but you must be a member or know a member to get into the club)
• A Rundown Of All Los Angeles Holiday Boat Parades