A Sneak Peak Of This Festival Taking Place All Over Los Angeles
These are the buzz phrases for the third annual Los Angeles Times Food Bowl, taking place throughout the city for an entire month.
The 2019 dates are May 1-31 with a kickoff opening night on Tuesday, April 30. Here are some highlights you can expect at this year’s event:
- Opening Night, April 30th: LAMESA with Enrique Olvera: An event at the Million Dollar Theater downtown with chefs, architects and musicians from Mexico City and Los Angeles discussing the connections and unique relationship between these two great cities as they celebrate the 50th anniversary of becoming sister cities.
- CDMX Launch Party: The 2019 kickoff event for L.A. Times Food Bowl will feature an all-star lineup of chefs and guest tacqueros from Mexico City, as well as the announcements of the Gold Award and Restaurant of the Year at Grand Central Market following LAMESA.
- L.A. Times Food Bowl Night Market, May 8-12: The highlight of Food Bowl for many, this is a outdoor event featuring L.A.’s diverse food scene with a series of special events developed by Peter Meehan, Times Food Editor, and The Times Food staff. Night Market features dozens of food vendors, pop-up experiences, special chef collaborations, musical performances, art installations and DJs in Grand Park. Night Market special events include Test Kitchen, Taco Tribute, Fried Chicken Party, Dumpling & Noodle Night, and an all-star BBQ festival featuring America’s best pitmasters from California, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas.
- Outstanding in the Field: A series of long-table feasts inspired by locally-sourced ingredients set in spectacular locations, including Manhattan Beach and Tehachapi.
- Natural Wine Showcase featuring leading winemakers, sommeliers, chefs and special guest host Eric Wareheim.
Official website: lafoodbowl.com