Complete Food & Drink Offerings With A Rooftop Afterparty
There is no Fat Tuesday parade in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter anymore, but there is a Mardi Gras party.
It’s a bar crawl of sorts on Saturday, March 3, called the Big Easy Bites & Booze Tour. It consists of going around to 20 Gaslamp bars restaurants, each of which is offering New Orleans style food, as well as “sips” of drinks.
Afterward, there’s a rooftop party at a mystery location, which also has a bite and a “sip.”
It goes from 1-5 p.m., and yes there are beads.
To participate, you buy a ticket for $25 ($30 the day-of if you’re not much of a planner and just show up at a restaurant) and make your way around to the participating establishments. There are no other drink specials tho, but of course you can get more beers or cocktails at the bar or restaurant’s regular prices.
Here’s a rundown of the participating bars and restaurants with the food and drinks served at each. You can go to as few or as many of them as you like, of course, but need to visit 10 to get into the afterparty:
• Suckerfree: Hurricane and Chicken & andouille sausage jambalaya
• Henry’s Pub: Vodka Jell-O shots and Cajun mac & cheese
• The Dive: Signature Dive Martini and chicken and sausage gumbo
• Smoking Gun: Carnival-inspired sip and lemon pepper chicken drummets
• The Roof: Big Easy daiquiri and Southern shrimp & grits
• American Junkie: Moscow Mule and rock shrimp
• Machu Picchu: Pisco sour vodka cranberry, New Orleans-inspired bite
• Casa Blanca: Sour Patch shooter and jalapeno poppers
• McFadden’s: Frozen lemonade slushy and mini beignet bites with housemade jam
• Gaslamp Fish House: St. Germain, vodka & OJ and macadamia nut-crusted calamari
• The Dubliner: Voodoo Doll Lemonade cranberry vodka and Bayou shepard’s pie
• Royal India: Cranberry vodka and basmati rock & channa masala
• Tropical Savor Bar & Grill: Mardi Tropical and roasted pork with Cuban rice
• Rockin’ Baja Lobster: Jungle Juice and ceviche
• Door Haus: Carnival-inspired dip and New Orleans-style bite
• The Field: Carnival-inspired tip and New Orleans-inspired bite
• Brian’s 24: Carnival-inspired sip andNew Orleans-inspired bite
• Mad House Comedy Club: Carnival-inspired sip andNew Orleans-inspired bite
To buy tickets in advance, go to the event’s website at: www.sdmardigras.com
Let the good times roll!