San Diego is being treated to another spectacular season – spectacular not just for the performances but the venue, as well – at the Shell at Randy Jacobs amphitheater at the edge of San Diego Bay.
Here is the 2023 schedule of the top bands and shows, which includes the Beach Boys for the second year i a row, Earth Wind & Fire, the Village People with the Jacksons, the Gipsy Kings and Ziggy Marley with Trombone Shorty.
Bands & Dates At The San Diego Shell
March 18-Sept. 26.
• May 10 – Violent Femmes With The San Diego Symphony
• June 18 – Earth, Wind & Fire
• July 1 – The Beach Boys
• July 4 – San Diego’s 4th of July Dance Party: C&C Music Factory With DJ Prince Hakim
This party performance is followed by fireworks over the bay.
• July 16 – The Jacksons and the Village People
• Aug. 6 – Ziggy Marley with Trombone Shorty
• Aug. 13– Gipsy Kings Featuring Nicolas Reyes
• Aug. 19 – Gladys Knight And Patti Labelle
• Sept. 3 – Counting Crows
• Sept. 4 – Van Morrison
• Sept. 7 – Buddy Guy, The Farewell Tour
The San Diego Symphony Plays Star Wars
May 13 & 14
This is one of the most amazing sights and sounds of the season. The San Diego Symphony plays the soundtrack to Star Wars: The New Hope, while the movie plays on the big screens. And they don’t miss a beat. The soundtrack to The Daniel Craig James Bond movie Casino Royale on March 18, Apollo 13 is on July 7, How To Train Your Dragon on July 8 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II on Aug. 11 & 12.
Classic Rock Albums Performed At The San Diego Shell
In addition to all the above, classic rock albums are performed at the Shell, as well. In 2023, they are as follows:
• Credence Clearwater Revival (Sept. 22)
• Led Zeppelin II (Sept. 23)
• Jethro Tull: The Seven Decades (Sept. 24)
There is also a tribute to Aretha Franklin on July 2.
Leave a Reply