Here is how much it costs vehicles to cross the Golden Gate Bridge, effective July 2022 after the latest increase.
• $9.40 for two-axle vehicles pay my mail (a photo of your license plate is snapped and drivers get a bill in the mail. And you had better pay it! This is what most visitors get but if you have a rental car a fee is added to the cost of the vehicle; be sure and check the fine print),
• $8.40 for those with a FasTrak account (provided by CalTrans for commuters on the state’s freeway system)
• $28.20 for three axles, billing by mail
• $37.60 for four axles
• Free for carpools (two-axle vehicles with three or more persons; Motorcycles, as defined and designated by CA DMV, including three-wheeled motorcycles and buses) during carpool hours. The carpool hours are 5 a.m.-9 and 4- 6p.m., weekdays, except these observed holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Presidents’ Day (third Monday in February), Memorial Day (last Monday in May), Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day (first Monday in September), Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November), and Christmas Day (December 25).
• Free. Pedestrians, runners and bicyclists. There is a designated lane for these Golden Gate Bridge crossers.
The Golden Gate Bridge crosses the San Francisco Bay into neighboring Marin County, which includes Sausalito, Tiburon and the 101 Highway to the Northern California wine countries of Napa and Sonoma. Just across the bridge in Marin County is an overlook to the right and crossing into San Francisco puts people in the scenic The Presidio Park.
The Bay Bridge, which connects San Francisco to Oakland, is $7, collected on the Oakland side. Yes, it cost $7 to cross the Bay Bridge into San Francisco while going from San Francisco to Oakland is free.
Leave a Reply