Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, Sting, Jimmy Buffett Are Headliners
Tickets prices are $70 in advance (available on-line) and $80 at the door per day. There are no weekend packages, other than VIP options. You can purchase tickets here.
The Jazzfest dates are April 27, 28 and 29 for the first weekend and 3, 4, 5 and 6 on the second weekend.
The lineup includes Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, Sting, Jimmy Buffett and Jack White.
Here’s a rundown of highlights for both weekends.
• Friday, April 27 – Sting, Steel Pulse, Jake Shimabukuro (Jimmy Buffett’s awesome ukulele player), the Dirty Dozen Brass Band.
• Saturday April 28 – Rod Stewart, Jack Johnson, Bonnie Raitt, Khalid, The Fabulous Thunderbirds and a tribute to Fats Domino with special guests.
• Sunday April 29 – Jimmy Buffett and his Acoustic Airmen, David Byrne, George Benson, Charlie Wilson, Dwayne Dopsie & His Zydeco Hellraisers
• Thursday, May 3 – Lionel Richie, Lyle Lovett
• Friday, May 4 – Beck, LL Cool Jay, Sheryl Crowe, Aaron Neville, Preservation Hall Jazz Band
• Saturday, May 5 – Aerosmith, Anita Baker, Cage The Elephant, The Revivalists, Better Than Ezra
• Sunday, May 6 – Jack White, Steve Miller Band, Smokey Robinson, Trombone Shorty, The Radiators
When you go to Jazzfest, there’s several things you need to know in advance. For instance, you can bring in empty coolers; the collapsible ones are the best. You can buy beer by the cooler-load and the give you ice.
The food, unlike many festivals, is really, really good. Hey, it’s New Orleans!
You can take a R/T bus from the French Quarter to the Fairgrounds but PubClub finds it better to take an Uber/Lyft or cab because after Jazzfest closes in the late afternoon there’s an awesome little block party by a bar in an adjoining neighborhood.
Then, of course, it’s onto Bourbon Street.
Be sure and read PubClub’s JazzFest Survival Guide!
Leave a Reply