A Crew Of Krewes Uptown & In The French Quarter; Fat Tuesday Is Feb. 13
The prime party event in a prime party place takes place the last two weeks in February in the Big Easy.
It’s Mardi Gras, and in New Orleans the focal point of the celebrations are the parades. Primarily, they take place during two weekends, culminating with Fat Tuesday, which in 2018 is Feb. 13 (yes, the day before Valentine’s Day!>
But there are other parades, as well, which started in January It’s important to note that with a couple of exceptions, the parades do not take place in the French Quarter. And Bourbon Street is shoulder-ti-shoulder packed the second weekend.
So here’s the schedule, dates and locations for all Mardi Gras parades.
Uptown (St. Charles Street/Canal) and French Quarter Parades:
• Friday Jan. 6: Krewe of Joan of Arc, French Quarter, 7 p.m.; Phunny Phorty Phellows Uptown, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Jan. 17: Krewe du Vieux, French Quarter, 6:30 p.m. Krewe Delusion, French Quarter, 7:15.
• Friday, Feb. 2 : Krewe of Cork, French Quarter, noon. Oshun – Uptown, 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Feb. 3: Pontchartrain, Uptown, 2 p.m. Sparta, Uptown, 6 p.m. Pygmalion, Uptown, 6:45 p.m.
• Sunday, Feb. 4: Carrollton, Uptown, Noon. King Arthur, Uptown, 1:15 p.m.. Barkus, French Quarter, 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Feb. 7: Krewe of Druids, Uptown, 6:30 p.m., Krewe of Nyx, 6:45 p.m.
• Thursday, Feb. 8: Babylon, Uptown, 5:45 p.m. Chaos, Uptown, 6:30 p.m. Muses, Uptown, 6:30 p.m.
• Friday, Feb. Feb. 9: Divine Protectors of Endangered Pleasures or DIVA, French Quarter, 1:30 p.m. Mystic Krewe of Hermes, Uptown, 6 p.m. Le Krewe d’Etat, Uptown, 6 p.m. Krewe of Morpheus, Uptown, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, Feb. 10: Iris, Uptown, 11 a.m. Tucks, Updown, 12:15 p.m. Endymion, Mid-City, 4:15 p.m.
• Sunday Feb. 11: Okenos, Uptown, 11 a.m. Mid-City, Uptown, 11:45 a.m. Thoth, Uptown, noon. Bacchus, Uptown, 5:15 p.m.
• Luni Gras, Feb. 12: Proteus, Uptown, 5:15 p.m. Orpheus, Uptown, 6 p.m.
• Mardi Gras Day, Feb. 13: Zulu Social Aid & Pleasure Club, Uptown, 8 a.m. Rex, Uptown, 10 a.m. Elks Orleans, 11:30 a.m. Crescent City (after Elks). There are also marching bands on Mardi Gras: Jefferson City Buzzards, Uptown, 6:45 a.m. Lyons Carnival Club and Corner Carnival Club, Uptown, 7 a.m. Pete Fountain’s Half-Fast Walking Club and Mondo Kayo Social & Marching Club, Uptown, 7:45 a.m. Societe de Saint Anne, French Quarter (Marginey/Bywater), 10 a.m. KOE, French Quarter, 10:15 a.m.