Classic TV Shows Miami Vice & Baywatch Among Parties In British Virgin Islands
That would have you outfitted for two of the themes for the event, as The Moorings sailboat charters, host of the Interline Regatta, released the schedule for the 2017 theme parties.
However, the 2017 event has been canceled. There’s too much damage to the charter companies and their boats because there’s nowhere for the boats to go anyway, as all the bars have been either destroyed or heavily damaged from Hurricane Irma.
Still, here’s what was planned.
Two classic TV shows, Miami Vice and Baywatch, are among the themes, along with the usual pirates (and wenches) party, plus a Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos), Saints and Sinners and an Arabian Nights party.
Here’s the full schedule with the nightly themes and locations:
• Oct. 10 – Pirate theme party, Pirates Bight, Norman Island
• Oct. 11 – Dia de los Muertos, Foxy’s, Great Harbor, Jost Van Dyke
• Oct. 12 – Official Welcome Party, Mariner Inn & Marina, Road Town (wristband required)
• Oct. 13 – Miami Vice theme, Bitter End Yacht Club, Virgin Gorda
• Oct. 14 – Baywatch theme party, Anegada Reef Hotel, Anegada
• Oct. 15 – Saints And Sinners theme party, Leverick Bay Resort, Leverick Bay
• Oct. 16 – Arabian Nights theme party, Coco Maya, Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda
• Oct. 17 – Awards Ceremony, Scrub Island
The locations have the regatta participants – and those following in the “party catamarans” – going all over the British Virgin Islands and og some of its best bars: the famous Foxy’s on Jost Van Dyke, the Leverick Bay Resort in Leverick Bay and the Bitter End Yacht Club in Virgin Gorda.
You do need to be registered in the regatta to attend the official kickoff party and awards ceremony – you can do this at The Moorings website – but anyone with a rented catamaran can go to the theme parties. There is no charge to go to the parties – just be in costume and enjoy the atmosphere and the events.