Ya Gotta Regatta In The British Virgin Islands
The Moorings Interline Regatta is 10 days of sailboat racing and yacht and eight specific theme parties at the various beaches and bars of the BVIs. It has some serious racers with airline pilots and crew from all over the world but there are also hundreds of other more causal “participants” who charter luxurious catamarans and simply island-hop from party to party each night.
Those theme parties have yet to be announced – and PubClub.com will provide an update when they are – but here’s last year’s schedule with the nightly themes and locations:
• First Day – Pirate theme party, Pirates Bight, Norman Island
• Second Day – Dia de los Muertos, Foxy’s, Great Harbor, Jost Van Dyke
• Third Day – Official Welcome Party, Mariner Inn & Marina, Road Town (wristband required)
• Fourth Day – Baywatch theme party, Aragon’s Studio, Trellis Bay, Tortola
• Fifth Day – Miami Vice theme, Coco Maya, Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor
• Sixth Day – Saints And Sinners theme party, Anegada Reef Hotel
• Seventh Day–Arabian Nights theme party, Leverick Bay Resort, Leverick Bay
• Eighth Day – Awards Ceremony, Scrub Island
To participate in the regatta portion of this annual fun happening, sign up at the Moorings website. You can also rent a sailboat and “tag along” by attending the theme parties. There is no cost to go to the parties.
For more on this event, check out PubClub’s Interline Regatta review!