Indianapolis 500 Leads Top Places to Party for the USA’s Three-Day Weekend
It’s Memorial Day Weekend 2011 and in addition to outdoor barbeques it means people are going places to party! Here is PubClub.com’s Top Party Places for the first wild three-day weekend of the soon-to-be summer season!
• Indianapolis 500. This is the 100th anniversary of the race and it’s going to be a good one. Many of the big names in the field – Helio Castroneves, Dario Franchitti, Danica Patrick – are starting from mid-pack or the back of the field. So they will be gunning for the lead early and often. The weather calls for possible rain, which means a muddy, sloppy, crazy, fun infield scene. Look for PubClub.com and PubClubettes Daniella and Katlin in the middle of it!
• Lake Travis, Austin, TX. This might be the most fun place to be in the entire country. It’s hundreds of power boats tied up in dozens of rows in a place called Devil’s Cove. Big boats, small boats, even houseboats with kegs and DJs are involved. There’s even a BBQ boat, where a cute girl in a bikini brings food to hungry partiers. THIS, folks is a scene and being in Austin, you know it’s a party! Link: Party Guide & Photos.
• Wrigley Field, Chicago. Baseball goes together with Memorial Day like beer and ballparks. And there’s no better place to be for the sport than America’s grandest park, Wrigley Field. The Cubbies are struggling, as usual (under .500) but they play the equally struggling Pirates for day games Friday, Saturday and Sunday. On Monday, they host the awful Astros. Tickets to Cubs games are difficult to get but with these teams it’s probably possible to pick them up on site. If nothing else, go to the bars just to soak up the scene – Murphy’s Bleachers before the game and the Cubby Bear afterward. Link: A Look at Wrigleyville.
• Palm Springs, CA. More accurately, the Marriott in Palm Desert. The pool scene is adults, normal working people most of the time, acting like college students on Spring Break. Then they go to the on-site meat market, er, bar, at night, called Costa’s. Link: Party Guide & Photos.
• The Beaches (Hermosa Beach, CA). Any beach is a good place to be for Memorial Day and for those in Southern California the weekend hangout is the youthful and crazy Hermosa Beach. Not only is the Pier lined with bars and restaurants there’s a three-day fair called Fiesta Hermosa. Yes, forget the arts and crafts booths and head to the beer garden! Another event in the LA area to check out is Topanga Days in beautiful Topanga Canyon. The Fabulous Thunderbirds are the Monday headliner.
This article is brought to you by PubClub.com, Where the World Goes to Party!
Memorial Day Party Images