There’s a great scene at Foxy’s for New Year’s Eve, making it one of the world’s top party destinations to celebrate the end of the year.
There are DJs front and back and also live music from local bands at the rear.
PubClub.com highly recommends putting Foxy’s on your NYE party bucket list and provides these top tips for when you go and experience it for yourself.
This used to be a free event but it looks like now Foxy – who is there on site, usually with a rum punch in a hand – is charging $45. No matter. Be sure and get the Caribbean beach BBQ dinner.
There is a VIP option with the following, which is the room on top of Foxy’s upstairs:
· 5 Course Dinner featuring Surf-N-Turf
· Open bar with top-shelf cocktails, premium beers, wine and champagne
· VIP dining area with private restrooms
· Plenty of party favors and noisemakers that reflect the “Arabian Nights” theme.
· VIP All Access
· $695 per person. The lower-level BBQ ticket, which also includes an open bar, is $305. E-mail [email protected]
What’s it like? Casual and fun with lots of rum.
A lot of people wear masks but it’s certainly not a requirement.
Foxy’s has a big open-air area in the front with a makeshift dance floor to the side with a maze of inside bars – well, after a few rum drinks it SEEMS like a maze – leading out to a big backyard, not unlike you may have at your house.
Foxy’s NYE Top Party Tips
• Wear a mask. It’s traditional for NYE at Foxy’s.
• Know the official name of the party is “Old Year’s Night.”
• Arrive early enough to walk the beach and warm up to the evening by having drinks at a couple of the other shacks located along the sand.
• Be at Foxy’s by 10 p.m. if not sooner.
• If you want the Foxy’s BBQ dinner, get it sooner rather than later. It features ribs, fish and chicken cooked on a grill by the front bar.
• Foxy’s is in White Bay. If you are on a boat and want a mooring spot, arrive early in the day, at least by noon.
• Know that several boats tie up together and swing wildly in the current and breeze, and boats bang against boats on other moorings.
• There are ferries from St. Thomas (Red Hook), St. John and Tortola (Foxys is at West End). Here is the ferry information and schedule. The ferries do run later on NYE but double-check the schedule; you may wind up spending the night on the beach! (A lot of people do that, so not to worry).
• Take mosquito repellant (Avon’s Skin So Soft mixed with water works better than anything).
Weather: Warm, subtropical, and sometimes humid, with temperatures moderated by trade winds. Expect 70s or even 80s, possible humidity. In other words, wear shorts.
More Event Info: (284) 495-9258, Foxy’s email: [email protected]