Party Tips For NYE On The Strip Or Fremont Street
It’s party time in Las Vegas!
And while that may be the case just about anytime, Sin City really explodes on New Yar’s Eve.
This is a regular stop for PubClub.com, and we’ve been to both Fremont Street and on the Strip. So we have the experience to provide these:
Top Party Tips For Spending New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas!
• Spend Three Days. Do a casino crawl one night, NYE the other and spend the first day of the New Year soaking up the college games in a sports book or casino bar or lounge. Las Vegas is PubClub.com’s #1 place to be for New Year’s Day.
• Pack A Jacket. Jeans. Even gloves. Temperatures could be as low as the 30s when the sun goes down. It gets COLD in Vegas on NYE. Hey, it’s a desert.
• Keep A Jacket Or Sweatshirt With You In The Daytime. The sun goes down by about 5, and even it disappears behind the tall buildings of the Strip about 4:30. So always be sure to layer. Even if you are going out early in the day, it’s Vegas, you’re likely to be out for a while and it’s probably a long walk back to your hotel.
• Use The Bathroom Before The Fireworks. This may sound basic, but they close the casino doors on the Strip at 11:30, and the lines for the port-o-lets are long. The casino doors re-open after the fireworks, but you don’t want to be spending the start of your New Year looking for a place to pee or waiting in a line to pee.
• You Can Drink On The Streets In Vegas. There are liquor stores on the Strip and you can walk out of casinos with a drink – even beer in a bottle or a cocktail glass. However, PubClub.com recommends pouring your drink in a plastic cup.
• The Strip Block Party Times. The party goes from 8 p.m.-1 a.m. Traffic is blocked off at 6:30, and re-opens at 3 a.m. Hotel driveways and the escalators (can’t figure this one out) are also shut off during this time.
• If’ You’re On A Drinking Budget, get your beers from the convenience stores instead of the bars set up in the street. They are cheaper, about half the price.
• The Fremont Experience Is Blocked Off With Barricades. There’s little outside of that downtown “strip” anyway. The Fremont Street Experience opens at 6, but spend your time in the casinos until about 10 p.m.
• Generally Speaking… the Strip attracts a younger crowd (20s and 30s) while downtown is mainly mid-30s and older.