Plenty of Boat Drinks For This Conch Republic Party
Rum for reef relief.
A pub crawl for ocean preservation.
I’ll drink to that, of course!
And on Saturday, Sept. 23, you can, too.
If you are in the Conch Republic, join the second annual Conched in Key West Bar Crawl benefiting Reef Relief for the preservation of the world’s coral reefs.
It starts at 2 and goes to nine bars. And with lots of rum and drink specials, it pretty much ends when your body decides it ends.
The cost is $30 and includes a t-shirt, drink specials, a Cruzan Rum cup and a donation to the non-profit organization.
Here’s the schedule (more or less, times subject to slight change depending on how much fun the people are having at any particular location):
• Start location: Cork & Stogie 1218 Duval Street, Key West – Sponsored by Rum Connection
• 3 p.m.: Pearl’s Patio – Sponsored by Team Cocktail
• 4 p.m. Rum Bar – Sponsored by Rob’s Rum Guide
• 5 p.m.: Bottle Cap – Sponsored by Coastlines & TanLines
• 6 p.m.: McConnell’s – Sponsored by Team Cocktail
• 7 p.m.: Cowboy Bills – Sponsored by Big Kahuna Brew
• 8 p.m.: Willie T’s – Sponsored by Rum Shop Ryan
• 9 p.m.: Kelly’s – Sponsored by Starfish Travel
• 10 p.m. Smokin’ Tuna Saloon – Sponsored by Coastlines & TanLines
The prime sponsor of the event this year is Rob’s Rum Guide, a noted publication spotlighting the best rums in the world, with tasting notes and product information on more than 300 cane spirits
Additional sponsors include Starfish Travel, Coastlines & Tanlines, Rum Connection, RumShopRyan, Big Kahuna Brewer, Cruzan Rum and Diplomatico Rum.
Following the Saturday event, organizers, participants and sponsors will present a check to the Reef Relief in a short ceremony on Sunday, at the Reef’s headquarters on Key West Bight next to the Conch Republic seafood restaurant and bar.
A warm up event is scheduled for Friday, September 21.
Here’s the event’s website.