Teams, Tips & TV Viewing Etiquette With Your Man
Ladies, no need to worry about losing contact with your man this time of the year – he’s in front of the TV watching the NFL Playoffs and then the Super Bowl.
PubClub.com’s Ask The Man section has the solution with this simple but insightful guide to the NFL – how to watch it and be intelligent and also a few tips on what to do when showing up to his house while his team’s game is on TV.
College Football Basics For Women
• In the NFL, your man will act as if the world ended if his team loses, but unlike in college football, teams can lose several games and still win the Super Bowl. In fact, one year the Seattle Seahawks made the playoffs with a losing record.
• NFL teams tend to be up one week and down the next. But they step up the level of play in the playoffs. And so does your man’s intensity when watching his team. After all, for the losing team, the season is done.
• The typical NFL games has 15 penalties. Be patient with all the flags. If you want to be a bit savvy, call out the most common ones, offensive holding (behind the line of scrimmage) or pass interference (down the field).
• (For games leading into the playoffs.) The last two weeks of the regular season with the playoffs looming are too complicated to figure out, so don’t even try to make any sense of it. Chances are, your man’s team will lose, he’ll be mad, then another team will lose and his team will be right back in it.
• Fantasy Leagues? This is where your man pulls for individual performances rather than a specific team. He’s not a true fan!
NFL TV Watching Tips For Women
• Bring beer.
• Ask you man if he has a shirt you can wear to watch during the game (this will send him into an excited frenzy; he rush into his room, pull out every favorite team shirt he’s ever owned and will LOVE showing them off to you).
• Your man will yell at the referees even at blatant calls his team deserves. Don’t say anything or, if he turns to you looking for support, just agree with him.
• If your man’s team is losing, bring him a beer and give him the PubClub cheer: “Win Or Lose, We Booze!”
Good luck ladies and enjoy the NFL!