50 Best Organization Releases List With London’s Connaught Bar Coming In At No. 1
Published Nov. 5, 2020
The 50 Best organization has released its list of the World’s 50 Best Bars 2020, sponsored by Perrier.
And coming in at No. 1 is the Connaught Bar in London’s affluent Mayfair area. The bar, fitting for its surroundings, is known for its iconic Martini for two, which is infused with bergamot oils and sells for £37. It also won the Best Bar in Europe.
At No.2 is New York’s Dante, which was also named the Best Bar in North America. The Clumsies in Athens was third while Singapore’s Atlas came in at No. 4 and was named the Best Bar in Asia.
Here is a rundown of all the bars and the awards they won from the organization:
- Connaught Bar, London, ranks No.1 in The World’s 50 Best Bars 2020 and is also The Best Bar in Europe, sponsored by Perrier
- The 2020 list features bars from 23 countries, with 11 new entries spread across Australia, Colombia, Greater China, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Spain, Thailand and UK
- Drinks sector activist and educator Ashtin Berry is named the Roku Industry Icon
- Alquímico, Cartagena, clinches Ketel One Sustainable Bar Award
- Tayēr + Elementary, London, secures Disaronno Highest New Entry Award
- Coa in Hong Kong takes Nikka Highest Climber Award
- High Five, Tokyo, is named Heering Legend of The List
- Kwānt, London, wins the London Essence Best New Opening Award
- Dante, New York, is The Best Bar in North America, sponsored by Asahi Super Dry
- Atlas, Singapore, is The Best Bar in Asia, sponsored by Rémy Martin
- Maybe Sammy, Sydney, is The Best Bar in Australasia, sponsored by Torres Brandy
- Zuma, Dubai, is The Best Bar in the Middle East and Africa, sponsored by Matusalem
- Florería Atlántico, Buenos Aires, is The Best Bar in South America, sponsored by iichiko Saiten
For a full rundown of the best 50 bars, go to: www.worlds50bestbars.com/list/1-50.