BVIs Residents & Businesses Seeing Donations To Rebuild After Massive Storm Damage
The Virgin Islands – and the British Virgin Islands in particular – suffered significant damage due to Hurricane Irma.
In the aftermath, several relief funds have been set up to aid and help people rebuild their lives and businesses. Some are legitimate and some are not. PubClub.com is compiling a list of legitimate relief funds and are publishing them here.
These are the ones we have at this time:
• Myett’s Bar, Cane Garden Bay
• Corsair’s Beach Bar & Restaurant, Great Harbor, Jost Van Dyke
• Jost Van Dyke Relief Fund (from Foxy’s)
• Link: https://www.gofundme.com/jost-van-dyke-humanitarian-aid
• Pusser’s Tortola
• BVIs Regatta & Skippers Fund
• The Moorings Sailboat Charters Employee Fund
• Yacht Chandlers Sailboat Charters – Relief Fund Closed; Supplies Have Been Shipped
• Tim Duncan Relief Fund
Link To Tim Duncan’s Message: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/tim-duncan-hurricane-irma-us-virgin-islands/
• Virgin Airlines/Richard Branson Relief Fund
PubClub has received reports from the islands that several fake relief funds have been set up – people just will pocket the money. That is why we have set up this page for ones we can verify to be real and legitimate.
We will be happy to post any more legitimate relief fund information and the links to them here. But we must verify them before publishing any information or links.
Also, feel free to add any information and updates in the comments section at the bottom of this post.
The Virgin Islands are in need of help for recovery. Several famous landmarks, familiar watering holes and stops for regular tourists to the BVIs such as Myett’s are completely destroyed.
In some cases, there’s only piles of wood where these businesses once stood; however, all who have been affected vow to rebuild and again make the Virgin Islands a top Caribbean travel destination.
PubClub will be updating this page on a regular basis as it becomes available.