Frequent Visitors Express Emotions About The Soggy Dollar Bar, Corsair’s, Myett’s, Foxy’s, Bomba’s Shack And Other Legendary BVIs Watering Holes
They feel the pain of the Soggy Dollar, are bushwacked by the destruction of the Bitter End Yacht Club, feel for those at Foxy’s, cringe when the see Corsairs, melt when they think of Myett’s, are bummed about Bomba’s Shack and in general are as empty as a just-consumed rum punch whenever they think of the destruction Hurricane Irma brought to the bars and the people of the British Virgin Islands.
They are the frequent tourists who vacation in the BVIs. Over the years, they have gotten to know the legendary watering holes, the people who own them and the people who are pouring their drinks.
And they have showed that emotion in a series of comments posted on PubClub.com articles covering the destruction Irma left at those places.
The comments clearly demonstrate the passion visitors have for the BVIs, plus its people and places. Here’s a sampling of those comments.
• From Steve Russell: “Totally heartbreaking but I love the resolve.If you rebuild, we will come and even if you don’t, I will be back with my wife..If the sand on White Bay is still the softest I ever felt…If the beaches on Anegada are still the most isolated wonder of my world, if the families that are the mainstay of these islands believe in themselves then yes all of us will come back. I wish I could be there to lend a hand. My hearts out to Vinnie, Foxy, Gertrude, Ivans family ,to Alex and all the people on Anegada..To Sky and all the wonderful people in Cane Garden bay.Know that you do have a lot of friends.You all made so many great memories for all of us that were fortunate enough to be able to say that you welcomed us onto your islands.thank you and persevere!”
• From Steve Bloom: #We love Corsairs! We will be there to support Vinny and his island friends. God Bless Jost and the great people! Thank you Vinny for so so many fabulous memories! Can’t wait to get back! IRMA Who? All the Best, Bloomer……”
• From Judi Brester: “Vinny , Dave , JR. Our hearts go out to you and your loss- we think our boat the Marsha Claire is demolished but we are coming back . We will bring supplies – wear our boots and try to help any way we can! I know you are a strong brave bunch hang in we love you❤️ – Allan , Judi & Boat dog Matey from Montana”
• From Peake (in a message to Myett’s owner Val Rhymer): “The Peake Family would like to help. We have daughters the same age. The girls played together years ago. We are here in Melbourne Beach, Fl.. I am leaving my email. The school here wants to do collections and I know many here that adore Tortola and Myett”s.
• From Rev Raven: “My heart goes out to you, your staff and and families and fellow islanders. We are holding some benefits here in Milwaukee (us, Blues Disciples, Jim Liban etc..) to get aid to you and will try and make sure people don’t forget that our friends and neighbors in the Virgin Islands need our help.”
• From Jillian: “LOVE LOVE LOVE SOGGY DOLLAR!!!! So sad it is damaged but I hope they rebuild soon! I cannot wait to go back ASAP and buy the bartenders a round on me!!! That is a promise! -Jillian (Visited with the Windstar Cruises last Jan!) Please send updates! Irma came through to Naples where I live grrrrr. Sending love and prayers to you all now and through rest of hurricane season! xoxo”
• From Kay and Layla: Hugh Jost fans. “Have stayed in the ocean front cottages many times. The last time was June 2017 with my granddaughter. She has spent most of the last week crying. I hope everyone is safe. The few photos we have seen are heart breaking. Our next trip was to be this November. Our love to all.”
• From Jane Shepard: “Message to bomba I am so glad your safe and the bomba shack is one of my fondest memories I actually planned a cruise to Tortola just so I could go to the bomba shack we spent the day with bomba had many laughs and I will forever cherish my day there I hope the bomba shack is rebuilt so I can come back and leave another pair of undies behind love you bomba thanks for the wonderful memories.”
And this from PubClub.com: Keep the comments coming; we’ll post ’em. Cheers!