Here are the dates and theme parties for the 2023 Interline Regatta, a moving beach party on sailboats on and around the British Virgin Islands.
The dates are Oct. 10-19.
• Tuesday, Oct. 10 – Mardi Gras Party, Oceans 7 (starts 7 p.m.)
• Wednesday, Oct. 11 – Wild West Party, Foxy’s (starts 7 p.m.)
• Thursday, Oct. 12 – Captain’s Dinner/briefing for regatta participants (the Mariner’s Inn, 6:30 p.m.). This is a free day for non-race participants.
• Friday, Oct. 13 – ABC party, Trellis Bay (7 p.m.)
• Saturday, Oct. 14 – The annual Pirate party, Leverick Bay (7 p.m.)
• Sunday, Oct. 15 – Animal Print party, Aneganda Reef Hotel ( 7 p.m.)
• Monday, Oct. 16 – 70s party, Bitter End Yacht Club (6:30 p.m.)
• Tuesday, Oct. 17 – Awards ceremony, Pirate’s Bight (6 p.m.)
• Wednesday, Oct. 18 – Unwind Day, open sailing day
• Thursday, Oct. 19 – Recovery Day, sail to Road Town, Tortola to turn in the boats and last night party for the crews.
The BVIs Interline Regatta is a competitive race for several sailors but most people tag along on so-called party cats, rented catamarans. It is one of several events throughout the year that are primarily for those in the airline industry (thus, a lot of pilots and flight attendants are present) as well as friend of those in the industry. Anyone, tho, can “tag along” as long as they have a boat and partake in the themed beach parties.
Several companies rent sailboats in the BVIs; the Moorings is the host rental yacht company and event sponsor.