Los Angeles High Desert City Is Full Of Fun Nightlife, Restaurants & Events
If you’ve never been to Lancaster, CA, the high desert city about an hour northeast of Los Angeles and just past the intersection of the 5 and 14 freeways, you’ll find yourself saying this a lot of times while you’re there – as well as to others when you return home: “who know Lancaster had…”
But it does indeed has a lot you probably are not aware of, all of which makes it such a great weekend escape from L.A.
• Who Knew Lancaster Had… A cool, lively, clean and pedestrian-friendly main street with parking in the center (great design!), and shade trees lined with a dozen restaurants and a sprinkling of bars that gives this place a vibrant nightlife scene? But it’s there and it’s called The BLVD.
• Who Knew Lancaster Had… A hot nightclub? It does, and it’s at the central part of The BVLD, called BeX. It’s your one-stop bar with an outdoor patio, a restaurant with good food, a lounge/club with great bands and a downstairs sports bar with a pool table, air hockey and a bowling alley, among other drinking and socializing-enhancing activities.
• Who Knew Lancaster Had… A wine bar that should be the envy of nearly other city in Southern California. Yet there it is, the jam-packed Pour D’ Vino on The BLVD.
• Who Knew Lancaster Had… Craft breweries? Indeed it does; PubClub.com spent a very pleasant afternoon at Kinetic Brewing Company on The BLVD being served a great blonde (craft beer) by a great blonde (waitress) and feasting on a burger, lobster mac ‘n cheese, garlic parmesan chips & fried pickles. The place is jumping at nights, by the way.
• Who Knew Lancaster Had… A Brazilian restaurant? But it does, and an outstanding one at that, Rio Brazilian Grill on The BLVD. You’ll be hard pressed to find a more tasty “bring the meat ’till you drop” Brazilian restaurant anywhere in Southern California ($26.95, including the salad bar; serves wines and Brazilian beers).
• Who Knew Lancaster Had…Wineries? Yes, there’s wineries all around Lancaster – Willow Springs Winery is one of the top spots, so PubClub.com has been told by a local tho obviously this is something that needs further PubClub investigating in the future.
• Who Knew Lancaster Had… So may daytime activities? Ready!? There’s this:
– Visiting movie, TV and commercial film locations (the Four Aces, Club Ed and the “musical road”)
– A preserve of wild cats (the Exotic Feline Breeding Compound)
– Rock climbing at Devil’s Punchbowl and hiking and biking trails at several desert parks
– All-terrain territory at Jawbone Canyon and Dove Springs (rentals at Fun Time ATV in Jawbone Canyon)
– Touring Edwards Air Force Base, home of many experiemental and spy planes flights & shuttle landings
–A walk or run through a desert preserve trail just outside of town, Desert Woodland Preserve
– Visiting the Poppy Fields in the springtime
• Who Knew Lancaster Had... So many events? Ready!? There’s this:
– LA County Air Show (March 25-26 in 2017)
– California Poppy Festival (mid-April)
– Sierra Pelona Valley Wine Festival (late April)
– Thunder On The Lot, a huge classic car & motorcycle show with bands & beers (mid-June)
– Antelope Valley County Fair (Aug. 19-28)
– Streets Of Lancaster Grand Prix, a professional go-kart series on The BLVD (Sept. 23-25 in 2016)
– Field Of Drafts Beer Festival with more than 80 local & area craft beers (Nov. 5 in 2016)
– Christmas Parade (Dec. 3)
– Thursday Night Free Concerts on The BLVD (every Thursday April thru October)
• Who Knew Lancaster Had… So many not-false, true-to-the-earth nice and friendly people? Seriously, this came as a big of a surprise as anything during PubClub’s visit – guess that stereotype of rough inland desert people and dangerous troublemakers is just that for the most part, a stereotype.
• Who Knew Lancaster Had… limousines the length of a city block? Were not all of these in Southern California reserved for celebrities going to Hollywood awards shows? Apparently not, for PubClub took one to a night out in Lancaster arriving like Hollywood celebrities on The BLVD.
MORE ON LANCASTER, CA