LA Bar Mixes Creative Drinks With A DJ To Create A Soothing Setting
Yes, Westlake Village, a place known primarily for being a residential area with malls. In fact, this establishment is located in one of the latter, the Shoppes at Westlake Village.
It’s Bamboo Lounge and it features beer, wine and cocktails with soft DJ music in a sophisticated setting. And it will quickly wipe away those visions of packed freeways and a rushed lifestyle from earlier the day for a few calm moments.
Bamboo Lounge was inspired by and created by co-owners Michelin Star Executive Chef Anthony Alaimo and Jeffrey S. Helfer, who incorporated various global influences from their travels. It’s only open at night – 8 p.m.-Midnight on Thursdays and 8-1 a.m., on weekends – in a, well, bamboo type of environment.
Think colored couches and tables in something that resembles a large living room rather than a bar. It’s somewhat of a Polynesian look (after all, Alaimo and Helfer did spend time in the Far East).
Fire pits are a nice addition.
The cocktails, of course, are the key to a place’s success and Bamboo Lounge has them in abundance, including many original creations. They include:
• The Ramble On with tequila, freshly pressed lime and pineapple, rosemary and bubbles
• The Smoke and Spice with mezcal, ancho reyes liqueur and cayenne dusted ruby grapefruit.
• The Prescription with whiskey, french vanilla bean, cinnamon and lemon essence.
• The Negroni with gin, campari, antica formula sweet vermouth and lemon expression.
• The Money Penny (a nod to James Bond, perhaps?) with vodka, cucumber, pressed citrus, fresh lemongrass and champagne.
Food is from the lounge’s sister restaurant, 101 North Eatery & Bar.
Address & Map: 30760 Russell Ranch Rd