An Oompa Band And A Fun Party Scene In A German Beer Hall
Old World Oktoberfest 2019: Sept. 18-Nov. 3
If you’re looking to hoist big beers, sing German songs to a live “oompha” band do the chicken dance AND be in a party environment with single people, then the place to do it in Los Angeles is Old World Oktoberfest in Huntington Beach.
It’s nto the biggest celebration – the one up the 405 freeway at Alpine Village is larger – but the intimate atmosphere at Old World makes it a more intense party and it brings out the Orange County and surrounding area singles on Friday nights, Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons.
In fact, it’s PubClub.com’s Top Oktoberfest Singles Celebration.
It’s a party and people act as if they are in a Munich beer hall. It’s hardly the size of the Hofbrau Haus, and the inside area is smaller than the warehouse up the 405 at Alpine Village in Torrance, but in a way the fact it’s more intimate makes it just that much more fun.
When you walk in there’s a patio with girls in those sexy barmaid outfits pouring beers and roving shot girls who are also attired in a way to make the guys immediately say “sure, I’ll have a shot!”
But the real party is inside, a hot and sweaty room with the band, a dance floor and most f people. It is here that most of the action takes place, the singing, the Chicken Dance, the “Hey Baby” song and all the things once associates with Oktoberfest.
There’s even a small bar off to the side, which is a great place to duck into when you need to have a conversation. Or have shots.
So even if you don’t hook up with another single person, it’s still one heck of a fun party. The best Oktoberfest party in Los Angeles, in fact.
The beers are big – tho served in cups, not mugs – and there are plenty of stations serving brews, plus there’s food.
The PubClubettes are often on hand and are always the toast of the beer tent. Wearing their Oktoberfest shirts with a German drinking cheer on the back, they get on stage with the oompha band, which is actually from Germany.
And the Herbmeister, who is the official party host as he wanders through the crowd on the dance floor with a microphone.
OLD WORLD OKTOBERFEST TIPS:
• On weekend nights, arrive by 7. Any later, there’s a big line and since the place is hardly the size of one beer tent in Munich, there’s often a wait.
• Get your first beer outside; it’s quicker.
• Check out the adjacent bar the beer hall. This is a great place to meet people
The PubClubettes love partying t Old World Oktoberfest!
• The Old World beer hall at a Friday night peak.
• Be sure and check out the bar adjacent to the beer hall.
OLD WORLD OKTOBERFEST INFO
• Old World Oktoberfest: 7561 Center Ave., Huntington Beach, CA. 405 freeway, exit Beach Blvd., South exit, and stay right to Center Ave. Right on Huntington Beach Lane, then right and left into the parking lot.
• $25 entry Fri-Sat, free Friday before 6:30 p.m.
• Beers $8.00
• Shot girls
• Bar on-site
• Oompha band and dance floor
• Food includes brats, pork sandwich (the best choice), German potato salad
• Tickets: eventsplus.radio.com
• Website: Old World Oktoberfest