Pets Welcome For Second Dining Event In Los Angeles Seaside City
It’s a bark with a few bites.
Dine Out Long Beach, Restaurant Week 2.0, is woofing down in its second year with half of its participating restaurants offering pet-friendly patios and sidewalk tables for 2017.
The city’s week-long dining event is Feb. 19-25.
“Long Beach is a very dog-friendly destination,” said Elizabeth Borsting, founder of Dine Out Long Beach, Restaurant Week 2.0. “Our local dog beach is always voted one of the best in the country; and Restaurant Week is a great time to visit Long Beach with your pup, take advantage of the value-oriented menus from 40 restaurants citywide, and make some time to play fetch in the sand after a great meal.”
Among doggedly-determined restaurants to bring in canine-owning customers are Spicy Sugar, Padre Latin Kitchen, Ocean Market Grill, Rance’s Chicago Pizza, Urban Table and The Crooked Duck.
More restaurant highlights include:
• Chianina Steakhouse is the only restaurant in the entire U.S. to serve Chianina beef – an Italian breed of cattle. It also breeds, raises and butchers its own Chianina beef.
• Louisiana Charlie’s, whose menu is reminiscent of the Bayou, features alligator on its Dine Out Long Beach menu.
• Pike Bar & Restaurant has a rock ‘n’ roll pedigree – it’s owned by Chris Reece, drummer for Social Distortion. You’ll usually find him behind the bar chatting with guests or jammin’ with his trio once a month behind the Pike’s door.
• The only restaurant to specialize in cider and mead (honey wine) south of San Francisco is Great Society Cider & Mead. During Restaurant Week the restaurant will carry two ciders from Wandering Aengus and EZ Orchards that are not available anywhere else.
• Honduras Kitchen is the only restaurant in Long Beach to specialize in food from Honduras.
• Vue Restaurant & Bar offers 360-degree views from the city’s only restaurant with a Penthouse address (atop the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport).
Dine Out Long Beach, Restaurant Week 2.0 is hosting its Chefs’ Cooking + Tasting Kick-Off on Saturday, Feb. 18 from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m., at Friedman’s Appliances. Drop in at any time for cooking demonstrations from Sweet Dixie Kitchen, James Republic, Taste WBK and Gladstone’s as well as mixology with Padre at 1pm. Stella Artois will offer complimentary beer tasting and Sommelier Garrett Brandt from Taste WBK will offer wine tasting and education.
During Dine Out Long Beach, restaurants throughout the city are offering 2-option menus for breakfast and/or lunch starting at $10 and 3-option menus for dinner starting at $20.
Some restaurants will also offer a shared menu where two guests can split an appetizer and dessert, but enjoy their own entrée. Others will do small plates and wine or beer pairings.
No tickets or passes are required for diners.
There is a #Selfoodie contest at gazettes.com for a chance to win a trip to Austin which includes roundtrip airfare from Long Beach, a three-night suite stay at the new Archer Hotel and dinner for two at Second Bar + Kitchen – an Austin favorite food spot
A complete list of restaurants – including the dog-friendly ones – are on the event’s website: www.dineoutlongbeach.com.