Bands, SUPs & Bars In Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach & Manhattan Beach
Welcome to the PubClub.com South Bay Party Report!
By Kevin Wilkerson, PubClub.com Blogger
Geez, it it summertime? The beach volleyball courts are full, The Strand is packed with runners and people on bicycles (and don’t forget, I give bike tours – great for corporate bonding outings!) and girls are on the sand in bikinis and guys in board shorts.
This is kind of quickie Party Report, highlighting the best of the weekend activities.
• Joe’s Band, the South Bay legendary party band, is at Standing Room on Saturday, taking the stage at 9:30 p.m. Band time, of course. No cover.
• Fishbone is at Saint Rocke tonite and another South Bay legendary band, the Pine Mountain Logs, are playing on Saturday (tickets $22).
• The Lanakila Classic, a contest for outriggers, surf skis, SUPs and paddleboarders takes place Saturday at Seaside Lagoon in Redondo Beach. I mention this just as something scenic to watch while on your weekend bike ride, but also to let you know that many of the participants have their unofficial post-event party at The Slip Bar.
• There’s great blues at the Hermosa Beach Yacht Club on Sunday nites (6-8 p.m., free and very casual). Plus $3 champagne and mimosas – yes, in the dive bar known for its schooners – and of course combine it with one of its burgers, the second best in the South Bay. Here’s a review:
NORTHERN TRUST OPEN WEEKEND GUIDE
With this weather, it’s a perfect time to prove that golf is not a good walk spoiled. Especially when you have a beer in your hand! The LA Open – officially known as the Northern Trust Open – is this weekend at Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades. Already, hot PGA Tour stud Jordan Spieth has shot a 9-over par and may be joining spectators on the course for the weekend if he doesn’t make the cut!
There’s a concert on Saturday by The English Beat. Below are three links that explain you everything you will ever need to know about this event:
NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY
It’s Monday!!! This is not one of those suddenly-created social media “National Consumption Days” as I call it, but one of the originals. With that in mind, I came up with this story on the Best Places To Drink Margaritas. Salud!
FENNERS HERMOSA BEACH UPDATE
Yes, Fenner’s is closed. It’s undergoing a renovation to become a beach bungalow bar. And it’s in good hands, as it’s still owned by our good friends at Sharkeez…Here’s another South Bay bars update: Later today I’m interviewing the GM of the Shade Hotel in Redondo Beach. Hopefully I’ll learn all about its planned Skydeck bar and when it will be opening.
UPCOMING SOUTH BAY BEACH CITIES EVENTS
• The Hermosa Beach St. Patrick’s Day Parade is Saturday, March 12
• On Sunday, March 13, Truly Versatile Entertainment – led by South Bay music man Soul Cole – is hosting a benefit for Pediatric Cancer at Saint Rocke
• The El Segundo Easter Keg Hunt is Saturday, March 19; PubClub will have more details on this in a future Party Report and on the site under the South Bay section of Destinations
• Smackfest Events co-ed Thursday beach volleyball classes start March 24 and the kickballl league starts March 30. Sign up at Smackfest Events.
That’s it for the PubClub.com South Bay Party Report! For this and more, go to PubClub.com, Where The South Bay – and the World – Goes To Party!