Local Brews, Food Pairings & Live Music Scheduled For May 16-22
Naturally, something such as National Craft Beer Week can’t go without recognition at one of the top craft beer places in Central California.
In fact, Peter B’s Brewpub behind the Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey, CA, has a full week of daily specials to signify this celebration of craft beer across America, which is May 16-22.
And it has a good reason to celebrate, for Peter B’s is fresh off more awards for its beers with two Gold Medals from the Beverage Testing Institute (BTI). Inclusion Amber Ale has earned 92 points and Broken Hand Imperial IPA 94 points in the IBA’s 100-point rating system.
Daily Craft Beer All-Week Specials
• 50% off Growler refills, 50% off Peter B’s Bottles, Bomber 3-packs for $9.95 and daily giveaways.
Monday, May 16 Craft Beer Week Special
• Limited Release of the Pacific St. Raspberry Wheat with $4 pints & $6 mugs all day.
Tuesday, May 17 Craft Beer Week Special
• Belly Up Blonde $4 pints & $6 mugs all day.
• A four-course Brewers Dinner for $45++, featuring Fois Gras two ways (torchon & seared), Coffee-Cured Duck Breast served over White Asparagus & Potato Hash with Espresso Gastric. In addition, each course has beer pairings such as Pacific St. Raspberry Wheat and Barrel Aged Sour Ale.
It starts at 6 p.m., seating is limited and reservations are required for this dinner pairing.
Wednesday, May 18 Craft Beer Week Special
• Cask Release with $4 pints all day.
Thursday, May 19 Craft Beer Week Special
Inclusion Amber Ale $4 pints & $6 mugs all day.
Friday, May 20 Craft Beer Week Special
• Legend of Laguna IPA $4 pints & $6 mugs all day.
• Beer Education Night 5 & 7 p.m. Learn about craft beer with food pairings for $15++ (limited seating; reservations required).
Saturday, May 21 Craft Beer Week Special
• 40 Acre Pale Ale $4 pints all day
• Live Music on the patio 3-6 p.m.
Peter B’s Brewpub Monterey