Already home to more than 200 breweries and tasting rooms, San Diego is getting 22 more in the near future. Most of these tasting rooms will be open by the end of summer or the end of 2022.
With more licensed breweries than any other place in the U.S., San Diego is often known as the “Craft Beer Capital of America.” Known primarily for the hoppy IPAs, the city and county is also home to all types of brews from Mexican lagers to blondes to stouts.
The breweries and tasting rooms do not even take into account the number of restaurants and bars that have several taps of local craft beers. Here, even dive bars have San Diego craft beers. So finding a locally-made brew is as easy as walking into an establishment that sells beer.
Talk about a beer-lovers city.
A List Of San Diego’s Newest Craft Beer Tasting Rooms
San Diego’s newest tasting rooms with their locations are as follows:
• Artiflex Brewing, Oceanside (at the Freeman Collective)
• Bear Roots Brewing, Escondido
• Black Plague Brewing, Escondido
• Dreamscape Brewing, Barrio Logan (at the entrance to the Coronado Bridge)
• Docent Brewing Cottage, Carlsbad
• East Village Brewing Company in East Village (downtown/Gaslamp)
• El Sid Brewing, North Park
• Eppig Brewing, La Jolla Village
• Gravity Heights Brewing, Mission Valley
• Heritage Barbecue & Brewery, Oceanside
• InZane Brewing, Vista
• Little Miss Brewing, Eastlake
• Karl Strauss Brewing, San Marcos
• North Park Brewing Company, Banker’s Hill (just outside Balboa Park)
• Novo Brewing, Imperial Beach (Bikeway Village)
• Pizza Port, Imperial Beach
• Socialite Brewing, Old Town
• Steve & Nell Brewing, Vista
• Sunny Grove Brewing, Lemon Grove
• Ten-75 Brewing, San Marcos
• The Ocotillo at Heartland, South Park
• Valley Farm Brewing, Mount Laguna
San Diego Craft Beer Week 2022, by the way, put on by the San Diego Brewer’s Guild, is Nov. 5-14.
There’s only one word to say now: Cheers!