But what about Thanksgiving Day? That’s a tougher one because many of those singles are with their families or at a group dinner with friends. Finding a good place to get a turkey dinner for a single person or a couple of your friends is not easy but PubClub.com has your back in San Diego, because here are our top Thanksgiving Dinner locations for singles in this Southern California city.
Several of San Diego’s bars have Thanksgiving dinners. Restaurants do, too, but many of them charge prices that bring to mind Valentine’s Day. You may get stuffed but your wallet will be starving after paying $70 and up for a few slices of turkey with a couple of traditional sides. Plus, unless you are with somebody or a group those restaurants can be boring, even lonely while your family is back enjoying a big meal together back in your hometown.
That’s why we list bars here. They provide dinners at a much more reasonable cost and offer the added bonus of having other singles in them, as well as TVs showing the day’s NFL and college football games. You can also drink lots drink beers or cocktails and still come out ahead over those over-priced restaurants!
Gaslamp Quarter Thanksgiving Dinner Bars
• Barleymash. $45. Three-course meal starts at 2 p.m, and goes until, well, the last one is served. The first course has a choice of a small house salad, small caesar salad or bowl of butternut squash soup; the second course has andouille stuffed turkey roulade, wild turkey-brown butter gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, brown ale biscuit stuffing, Brussels sprout casserole, roasted baby carrots and habanero-cranberry jelly and the third course is a choice of bourbon Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Brown Sugar Crumble or Salted Caramel Apple Cherry Pie with a butter crumble.
While this is the priciest Thanksgiving dinner here is will also likely be the best because barleymash has a great chef and quality food.
• Bub’s at the Ballpark. $12. This is where I ate last year mainly because of the price. You get turkey, creamy mashed potatoes, cranberries, a dinner roll and Fuego’s stuffing waffle. It was good and satisfying, tho the atmosphere was lacking people and thus excitement. That could be different this year, of course.
Kansas City Barbeque (the Top Gun Bar). $19.95. Traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings from 11 a.m.-6 p.m., in this dive bar on Harbor Drive at Market Street. It is where the bar scenes of the original Top Gun movie were shot and is very casual.
Mission Beach/Pacific Beach Thanksgiving Dinner Bars
• Bub’s at the Beach. $12. Same as the ballpark location (okay, technically that one is in East Village). You get turkey, creamy mashed potatoes, cranberries and a dinner roll and Fuego’s stuffing waffle. Frankly, I don’t remember the stuffed waffle, haha.
Ms. B’s Coconut Club. Cant find a price but from 3-8 it’s having smoked turkey, smoked garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, maple-honey glazed smoked yams, apple-sausage persimmon stuffing, southern style green beans with bacon and garlic parmesan broccoli..
Duck Dive. $15. One of my favorite PB bar has a traditional turkey dinner with pumpkin pie from 10 a.m.-until all the meals are gone.
Pacific Beach Alehouse $28.95. This is a three-course meal, including Roasted Butternut Bisque, Deep-Fried Turkey Breast, Pineapple & Clove Glazed Ham, Smoked & Fried Turkey Leg and the option to order a Vegan Thanksgiving Dinner, plated with “Impossible” meatloaf topped with mushroom gravy, Earth Butter whipped potatoes and balsamic glazed brussels sprouts.
If you’e wondering about The Holding Company in Ocean Beach, it’s closed for Thanksgiving.
PubClub.com is continuing to search for other bars offering Thanksgiving dinners and will add them here in this post.
• Thanksgiving Weekend Top 10 USA Fun Party Destinations For Singles (pubclub.com)
• Things To Do In Las Vegas For Thanksgiving – NFL Games, Dinners & Shows (pubclub.com)
Leave a Reply