A Sunny Super Bowl City, Free Concerts & Super Bowl Sunday
With a big outdoor festival and free concerts a big part of the celebration – and, let’s face it, party scene – Super Bowl 50 needs good weather.
And Mother Nature is cooperating, as “the City” is going to be sunny and warmall week for the festivities at Super Bowl City. And as for Super Bowl Sunday at Levi’s Stadium, it’s going to be borderline spectacular.
One thing to keep in mind if you are new to San Francisco: No matter how warm it may be during the day, be sure and have a jacket or sweatshirt with you at all times. In San Francisco the fog can roll in over the bay at any time, dropping temperatures 15 degrees in a manner of minutes.
It also turns cool in the evenings. If you don’t heed this advice, then you will be running to the vendors and will be wearing a San Francisco or Super Bowl 50 sweatshirt, whether or not you intended on purchasing one that day.
Super Bowl City Day-By-Day Weather
Here’s a day-by-day look at the weather in San Francisco. The game itself is an hour to the south in Santa Clara, and PubClub.com has the forecast for game day, as well.
• Saturday & Sunday, Jan. 30-31: Sunny with a few clouds. Highs in the mid-50s, lows in the mid to upper 40s.
• Monday, Feb. 1: The best day of the week, full and bright sunshine. High upper 50s, low of 45.
• Tuesday, Feb. 2: Sunny with some clouds. High of 57, low of 47.
• Wednesday Feb. 3: A near-repeat of Tuesday. High of 58, low of 47.
• Thursday, Feb. 4: A near repeat of the previous two days, but slightly warmer. High of 60, low of 48.
• Friday, Feb. 5: Super sunny and warm. High of 62, low of 49.
• Saturday, Feb. 6: A few clouds but still good temperatures. High of 63, low of 50.
Super Bowl Sunday Weather, Levis Stadium
The weather pretty much mirrors that of San Francisco all week with the exception of Thursday, when showers are expected.
• Sunday, Feb. 7: A gorgeous day, full sunshine and warm temperatures. Remember, tho, if you’re going to the stadium, bring long sleeves for the cool, even potentially chilly, evening. High of 70, low of 45.