Locals Enjoy Super Bowl 50 Celebration Party
Blog Post & Photos By Cathy Seeligson,
PubClub.com San Francisco Correspondent
Super Bowl City, the downtown block party for Super Bowl 50 in San Francisco, opened on Saturday night, a full week before the game.
Organizers hoped to draw in locals and want locals to wrap their arms around “the City” hosting this major events, and things are off to a strong start.
PubClub.com provides this review of Super Bowl City from a local’s perspective.
Chris Isaak, Fireworks, Beer & Wine Tasting
• Here we are from Super Bowl City on opening night. Chris Isaak, fireworks, and the (re)-lighting of the Bay Bridge lights are on the agenda.
• Entering the city from Market Street was a bit of a zoo, but not too bad. They have numerous lines, bag check & metal detectors to walk through before entering. The ferry building’s three entrances seem to have much better to no lines.
• Super Bowl City is comprised of numerous booths (beer & food). Oddly health care places seem to be sponsors, like Kaiser & Optum(?). Ironic with this being football….
• There’s a zip line (that requires reservations). A trampoline & ball catch area. Network booths where people will be interviewed. The Sonoma wine lounge. A Levi’s bar(??).
• Bud Light and related Bud products are all out here. And Pepsi. No Coke!
• Lots of locals here. They seem excited!
• Denver seems to be the most popular game team so far, but at least one elaborate Raider Nation denizen and of course many 49er jerseys.
• The Sonoma wine tasting room is popular; there’s a big line to get int it.
• Security is on the job! The bomb squad rolled by as we ate our $16 tamales (pretty good, actually). Soon to get an adult beverage and wander about more waiting for the evening’s events.
• Tip: Get your i.d. check first before getting beers. There are booths just for that and it’s better than waiting in the beer line for it.