Some Properties Open In September; All To Be Ready For Fantasy Fest 2017
With bars re-opening and cruise ships returning, several Key West hotels and accommodations are also back and running after Hurricane Irma.
In fact, several received little or no damage from Irma.
Here is a rundown of certain hotels that are currently open in September, with a few more scheduled to be ready for visitors on Oct. 1.
All hotels and accommodations are planning to be open – and very busy – by the time Fantasy Fest comes to Key West beginning Oct. 20. This is a major event with tens of thousands of tourists and a major economic catalyst for Key West, which the businesses certainly are looking forward to after Irma.
• Pier House. Open with water and power fully restored. It will be honoring reservations with full refunds thru Sept. 25. The Beach Bar is open, with limited hours (11 a.m.-5 p.m.) and a limited menu. The spa is offering full services from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
• The Cabana Inn. This hotel near Duval Street is open. It sustained only minor damage from Irma.
• Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel. Sustained minimum damage with a few trees down. It is re-opening Oct. 1.
• Simonton Court Hotel. Open and suffered no damage. “The only thing missing is you,” hotel management posted on its website.
• La Concha Hotel & Spa. Open with power and water.
• Margaritaville Resort & Marina. Open.
• The Saint Hotel. Received no damage other than landscaping issues, but is closed through September.
• The Blue Marlin. This “great find” budget hotel has power and water but spotty Internet service. All current reservations are being honored and refunds are being issued for those that must cancel their plans.
• Ocean Key House. No official re-opening date.
Leave a Reply