Leading up to Pride Month in June, the first few months of 2023 are packed with LGBTQ+ experiences and events that are as diverse and colorful as the greater LGBTQ+ community itself:
- Winter Party Festival (March 1-7) invites us all to say goodbye to winter and look toward spring.
- Miami Beach Pride (April 1-16) will celebrate the 15-year anniversary of the destination’s largest LGBTQ+ event with expanded programming that includes a Pride pool event, an LGBTQ Family picnic, Queer Art Showcase, and the Pride March and Parade on Ocean Drive.
- Out in the Tropics’ LatinXOXO (April 8) will celebrate Latinx and Hispanic voices in the LGBTQ+ community.
- OUTshine LGBTQ+ Film Festival (April 20-30) will feature films for cinema buffs.
- SweetHeat (May 16-22) is a dedicated event for women from the queer community.
- Sizzle Miami (May 25-29) is one of the most popular urban LGBTQ+ events for Black revelers and people of color during Memorial Day weekend.
“LGBTQ+ visitors are year-round travelers and should be informed about Miami and Miami Beach events beyond Pride Month”, said Dan Rios, GMCVB’s Director of LGBTQ+ Marketing. “Miami and Miami Beach is a top destination for LGBTQ+ travelers – we offer diverse experiences that draw in all members of the LGBTQ+ community so they feel seen and represented when they visit.”
Events during Rainbow Spring include the legendary Wynwood Pride (June 9-10), Miami Marlins’ Pride at the Park (May 31) and No Fear, We’re Queer Comedy Festival (June). Miami Beach’s two LGBTQ+ hotels, AxelBeach Miami and Hotel Gaythering, will be the program’s mainstays with events that include karaoke, trivia night, bingo, martini night and sports.
The program’s website, RainbowSpring.com has all things LGBTQ+ and has discounts at hotels, attractions and restaurants. For more information on Miami and Miami Beach, go to www.MiamiandMiamiBeach.com.