Band Playing Honolulu In July As Part Of Spring & Summer Concerts
People in Hawaii are “Hungry Like A Wolf” for big-name concerts and this summer they are getting one as Duran, Duran is playing Honolulu in July.
The band is stopping at the Neal Blaisdell Arena on July 16, much to the delight of locals.
The group is promoting their 14th studio album, Paper Gods, released in September 2015. It includes four of its original band members.
“It’s just more of a casual kind of Duran show,” bassist John Taylor told the Desert Sun newspaper. “We’re not really promoting anything, per se. It’s just for fun because we love to play.”
The tour began in March and currently runs thru the Honolulu July date.
It’s a small one with 13 dates (to date; more can always be added later) in some pretty exotic locations that involve a few music festivals, including a trio of Lollapalooza events in South America (Argentina, Brazil and Chile). It’s the first time the band has played in that part of the world since 2012.
Duran Duran 2017 North & South America Tour Schedule
• March 21 – Dallas (Music Hall at Fair Park
• March 22 – Houston (Smart Financial Center at Sugar Land
• March 26 – Sao Paulo (Lollapalooza Brazil)
• March 28 – Belo Horizonte Brazil (BH Hall Belo Horizonte)
• April 1 – Buenos Aires, Argentina (Lollapalooza Argentina)
• April 2 – Santiago Chile (Lollapalooza Chile)
• April 5 – Ft. Lauderdale, FL (Seminole Hard Rock Casino)
• April 7 – Wilmington, N.C. (Azelia Festival, Miller Lite Main Stage)
• April 8 – Atlanta (Chastain Park)
• july 7 – Oakland, CA (Fox Theater)
• July 8 – San Francisco (San Francisco Masonic)
• July 10 – Edomonton, Canada (Rogers Place)
• July 16 – Honolulu )Neal Blaisdell Arena)
What, no Rio!?
Duran Duran Website: duranduran.com