Pop-Up Gourmet Dinner To Be Held In Secret Location
A touch of Paris is coming to Las Vegas.
And it has nothing to do with the Paris casino.
It’s Le Diner en Blanc, an exclusive pop-up dinner event featuring great chefs preparing food in an open-air location, one that is kept secret until right before the first entree is served.
In Vegas, it’s Sunday, April 17 and you have to register in advance to even get on a waiting list. The purpose is to share a gourmet meal with good friends in one of a city’s most beautiful locations. The event started in Paris and has spread to other cities around the world.
“We felt Las Vegas was a prime location for this dazzling event because the city is a mecca for food, culture and entertainment, and has such a beautiful mix of people from all over the world, said Michael Habicht, co-owner of iii designs and co-host of Le Dîner en Blanc – Las Vegas.
“What better place for the world’s largest pop-up picnic?”
You must register by April 10 at: www.lasvegas.dinerenblanc.info/register.
Meeting The Requirements Of Le Diner en Blanc
If you make it in, there’s a list of rules and requirements longer than a menu:
• To ensure that the location is kept secret until last minute, guests will meet at an assigned departure location and be escorted by Le Dîner en Blanc volunteers. It’s recommended that guests plan ahead with their friends on going to the same departure location if they’d like to sit together.
• Dress code is strictly white only. Originality and creativity in a tasteful fashion is highly encouraged.
• Table settings must all be in white.
• Wine and Champagne only. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
• As per Nevada alcohol regulations, guests cannot bring their own alcohol. Guests must reserve any wine or Champagne they’d like to indulge in, which will be served on-site, through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store. However, guests are welcome to bring their own non-alcoholic beverages.
• In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring:
• A white tablecloth and tablescape (as desired).
• A picnic basket comprised of fine food, proper stemware and white dinnerware.
• An option to pre-order gourmet food, which can be picked up at the site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own picnic baskets. Guests wishing to reserve a basket can do so online via Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
• Note: A table and two white chairs will be provided to ticket holders, compliments of the event sponsor.