Lay-Say Le Bon Tom Roo-Lay Through Fat Tuesday
The rain falls as fast as the beer and Hurricanes are go down, but when one is in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, the good times are still rolling despite what Mother Nature adds to the scene.
The 2019 Mardi Gras parades are a soaked affair, with New Orleans getting thunderstorms the second weekend and then when that clears, temperatures dropping into the mid-30s on Fat Tuesday.
Sure it’s better when the sun in shining and it’s warm, but you can’t control the weather and the city is still partying as if it’s not an issue.
Those parades are long, too. I know – I’ve been in them. What feeling too, to march past people lined up so deep in the streets you can’t even see them, only to have a girl come running up to you planting a big kiss right on your mouth while also putting beads arond your neck.
From a crowd standpoint, you’re got a drink in your hand from the time to head to the parade until the last bead is tossed from a float. Or at long as you can last on Bourbon Street.
Most of the parades, as you can see below, are in places other than the French Quarter and not on Bourbon Street. That latter is crazy enough without floats trying to go on it. In other words, the Mardi Gras party is happening all over the city.
Here is a rundown of the 2019 parades, the location and times. Let the good times roll!
• Friday, March 1 (French Quarter): Krewe of Busom Buddies, 11:30 a.m. Uptown: Krewe of Hermes, 6 p.m. Le Krewe d’Etat, 6:30 p.m. Krewe of Morpheus, 7 p.m.
• Saturday, March 2 (Uptown): Krewe of Iris,11 a.m.; Tucks. Mid-City: Krewe of Endymion, 4:15 p.m.
• Sunday March 3 (Uptown): Krewe of Okenos, 11 a.m.; Krewe of Mid-City, 11:45 a.m.; Krewe of Thoth, Noon; Crewe of Bacchus, 5:15 p.m.
• Luni Gras, March 4 (Uptown): Krewe of Proteus, 5:15 p.m. Krewe of Orpheus, 6 p.m.
• Mardi Gras Day, March 5 (Uptown): Krewe of Zulu, 8 a.m.; Krewe of Rex, 10 a.m.; Krewe of Elks Orleans, 11:30 a.m.; Crescent City (after Elks). There are also marching bands on Mardi Gras: Jefferson City Buzzards, Uptown, 6:45 a.m. Lyons Carnival Club and Corner Carnival Club, Uptown, 7 a.m. Pete Fountain’s Half-Fast Walking Club and Mondo Kayo Social & Marching Club, Uptown, 7:45 a.m. Societe de Saint Anne, French Quarter (Marginey/Bywater), 10 a.m. KOE, French Quarter, 10:15 a.m.
Leave a Reply