The Good Times Roll, Especially With These WAACOs
The Elvis-Playboy-pimp daddy walked down Bourbon Street, grabbed a “Big Ass Beer” and got a Hurricane to go from legendary Pat O’Brien’s bar.
Everywhere he went, he was approached by women who wanted pictures with him and men laughed.
“I’ve never been so popular in my life,” said “Big Bob,” who was visiting New Orleans with a croup of Chicago natives who were in town in for the Bears-Saints game as part of a group of WACCOs (Western Association of Crazy Chicagoans and Others, an LA-based group.). Oh, and it just happened to be Halloween. On a a weekend.
“What a fun time. What a fun city. Everyone should come here for Halloween!”
Bib Bob was clearly reveling (quite literally) in one of the least though-of places to be for Halloween, but as he quickly discovered, one of the top Halloween destinations in the USA.
In New Orleans, everything is in place to make it a great spot for Halloween:
• It’s full of fun and free-spited people who are there to let the good times roll
• It has Bourbon Street and all the great bars on it
• It has Bourbon Street and all the great scenes up and down it
• You can grab drinks to go or event take them out of bars and roam up and down Bourbon Street
• There’s a great scene with all the costumes
• New Orleans has a history of the occult, ghosts (there are even ghost tours) and such, giving the place an extra touch of mystery and intrigue, which is perfect for Halloween.
Of course, you’ve got all those great bars and Big Bob has run into groups of bachlorettes singing on stage at Pat O’Brien’s (where he got a Hurricane to go) was in and out of the famous Bourbon Street live music bars like the Famous Door, was out until 5 in the morning and recovered in the (late) morning with that strong coffee from Cafe du Mond.
So the next time you’re wanting to take a road trip for Halloween, consider New Orleans. Like Big Bob, you will probably really enjoy it.
Leave a Reply