How To Survive The Office Party, House Parties, Santa Pub Crawls & Boat Parades
The office party is happening, the boss is bombed and one of your co-workers has brought an interesting single friend you’re eyeing for a possible romance.
Or you’re on one of the many Santa or 12 Bars of Christmas pub crawls. Or perhaps a boat parade or other holiday event or party.
It’s easy to get caught in the moment and drink too much. Which of course means feeling it the next day. With a hangover. A bad hangover.
While PubClub.com always feel you should live in moment, it’s also important to think ahead so avoid getting a hangover.
Hopefully you’ve read this article in advance and have either avoided the hangover from our tips below, or can take the following remedies and cures. Believe us when we say PubClub.com speaks from experience!
HOLIDAY PARTIES HANGOVER PREVENTION TIPS
• Don’t Do Shots Too Early. Sure you can get your “game face” on, but start your drinking slowly and whatever you do, don’t start with shots! Things can only go downhill from that point.
• Don’t Mix Drinks. If you start with one type of liquor, stick with it. Don’t have a vodka drink, then switch to whiskey, for example
• Stick With Beer. You’re going to be drinking for several hours on Super Bowl Sunday and with that volume of alcohol, you’re way better off just sticking to beer the whole time. Of course, with anything, you can over-do it.
• Mix In Water On Occasion. It’s hard to grab some water instead of a beer or cocktail when it’s time to have another drink, but do it on occasion.
• Drink juices with alcohol, not sweet drinks. Cheap, sweet drinks are one of the best ways to get a hangover. Having juice with the booze is a far better choice.
• Be sure to eat! And do it early, once you get rolling by drinking, you think “oh, I don’t need anything.” You’ll pay for that thought later.
HOLIDAY PARTIES HANGOVER CURES & REMEDIES
• Eat a banana. If you’re really hurting, eat two bananas.
• Don’t drink coffee (it will further dehydrate you). Iced tea, on the other hand is great; drink a gallon of it! (Unsweetened.)
• Do eat; make it something good and hearty.
• Keep hydrating by taking liquids; keep drinking water and/or iced tea or even lemonade.
• Take some aspirin or Tylenol. Or better yet, vitamins.
• Get out of bed, walk around, perhaps even do a light workout. You need to get the blood pumping
• Brush your teeth. Two or three times if you have to; the sooner you get rid of that “booze breath” the sooner you’ll start to feel better.