June Gloom Gives Way To Cheap Beers, A Beer Garden And Festival & A Free Pool Party
Welcome to the PubClub.com South Bay Party Report, where there’s never any June Gloom as far as the social scene we bring you here.
This is what’s happening in around Los Angeles with a special emphasis on the rockin’ beach cities of Hermosa, Manhattan & Redondo Beach.
Thursday – Slip Into The Slip For $2 Beers
• The Slip is celebrating its two-year anniversary with Happy Hour food specials all night, $2 beers and beer pong! 6-11:30. Now see, just when you planned to stay in this night, you can’t now!
• South Bay Jam, the weekly jam session of several South Bay musicians is taking place at Standing Room. Starts at 9. No cover.
• Hermosa History With Beer. The Hermosa Beach Historical Society is hosting a social gathering that includes free beer. The catch is, you have to learn a little bit about lawn bowling. It’s at the Lawn Bowling Club at 861 Valley Drive. The time is 6-8 p.m., and the cost is $10. RSVP in advance by calling (310) 318-9421. (What a great warm-up to The Slip’s party or South Bay Jam!)
Friday – Music & Full Moon Yoga
• It’s 90s Pop Night at The Standing Room in Hermosa. Starts at 10. No cover.
• Full Moon Yoga. With so many yoga enthusiasts in the South Bay, PubClub decided to include this event. It takes place at Terranea Resort from 8-9 p.m. It’s free (tho a $20 “donation” is recommended) and bring your yoga mat. You must reserve in advance by calling (310) 265-2740. It will also take place July 8 and Aug. 7.
Saturday – Beer Garden By The Beach & A Beer Festival Chili Cook-off
• Beach Party & Beer Garden. Feel like a bike ride? Head up to Marina del Rey’s Mother’s Beach for a pop-up arts event with DJs, live music, dancing, food trucks and a beer garden. It’s free and goes from Noon-10 p.m. Link: www.visitmarinadelrey.com
• Craft Beer Festival, Pechanga Resort & Casino. This is a pairing of several craft beers with a chili cook-off, held at this Vegas-style resort and casino in Temecula. And is IS Vegas-style. Seriously, walk inside and you think for a moment you’re at Planet Hollywood. You can stay the night and spend the evening at the Eagle’s Nest nightclub. The beer festival goes from 1-5 p.m., and tickets are $50. Link: Pechanga Beer Festival & Chili Cookoff Preview
• Live Music. Angry Donkey is at Standing Room & The Spazmatics are at Saint Rocke ($15).
• The LA Food Fest is taking place at the LA Coliseum. It goes from 2-8 p.m. Tickets are $50-95. Link: lafoodfest.com
Sunday – Pool Parties
• Shade Pool Party. The summer pool parties rooftop at Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach are underway. It goes from 1-8 p.m. $20 cover.
• Free Pool Party. The Marina del Rey Hotel’s Boat House pool has no cover pool parties all summer. They go from Noon-6 thru Labor Day, there’s a poolside bar, DJs, cabanas for rent and the events have weekly themes such as a beer garden, bartender competition, poolside games and tournaments and a luau. Link: www.marinadelreyhotel.com
• Nelson’s Summer Music Series. This is a free event with concerts at this bar overlooking the Pacific Ocean from the cliffs of Palos Verdes at Terranea. It goes from 1-5 and is every Sunday afternoon through the summer.
Putting This On Your Party Radar
• Smackfest is June 17 and tickets for the Trump National Wine & Beer Festival go on sale June 20. I’ll have more on these events in the next Party Report.
Road Trip Report
Had a great time covering the Temecula Balloon & Wine Festival last weekend. Once again, I borrowed a tent and camped out because the PR person gives me a special pass. That was great, but I did have a little trouble putting up my tent…
And here’s a review with video of the festival:
Featured Video Of The Week
Look what a PR person sent me in the mail this week. Let’s just say the words “Boat Drinks” came immediately to mind! Link: https://youtu.be/w0aR6b-XnS8
That’s it for the PubClub.com Party Report. For this and more, go to PubClub.com, Where Los Angeles – And The World! – Goes To Party! Home of the #PubClub Twitter chat!
Follow us on Twitter: @pubclub
Follow us on Instagram: PubClub
Follow us on YouTube: PubClub
Leave a Reply