Welcome To The L.A. & South Bay Party Report – Early March Madness Edition
By Kevin Wilkerson, PubClub.com Los Angeles Blogger
Bring March in if not like a lion than a tropical breeze with great craft beers from Kona Brewing Company, official beer of the PubClub.com South Bay Party Report!
A swollen knee and my playing around with and eventually disabling my selfie stick has prevented me from doing a video version this week but you can amuse yourself by checking out this how-to video on solo travel.
The Party Report, which again last week was distributed to more than 1000,000 people, starts off by providing this valuable list of regular monthly events, then moves onto this week’s highlights.
MONTHY EVENTS TO KNOW ABOUT IN THE SOUTH BAY
• 1st Thursday Of The Month – YP310 Mixers (Free).
• 1st Saturday Of The Month – Barley Band at Lighthouse Café, 4-8 p.m. (Free). This is one of the locations for the Academy Award winning film… Well not so fast. The fault falls on Warren Beatty for the flub; he knew he had the wrong envelope and should have gone backstage to get the right one. Tho he did seem as if he snuck into the Governor’’s Ball ahead of time so maybe that had something to do with it. He did face, for a moment, what Jimmy Buffett calls “the port of indecision.”
• Second Wednesday Of The Month – Wine Down Wednesdays, Bay Club, El Segundo (Free, open to non-members).
THIS WEEK’S EVENTS TO KNOW ABOUT IN L.A.
• Thursday – 310YP Mixer. If it’s anything like the last one at Shade Hotel in Redondo Beach then whoa, go to it! Here’s the location and details:
Link: 310YP Mixer Location & Information
• Friday – First Friday At The L.A. Natural Museum. Here’s something different that may inspire you to get out of “the bubble.” DJs, food, drinks and a little culture. Goes from 5-10 p.m., and it’s a pretty good singles scene. Tickets are $18
• Saturday – Barley at the Lighthouse with the Zeal Levin Trio. “He’s rad!” exclaimed Brent of Barley when I texted him to confirm the show.
– Joe’s Band & Berry Bly’s Band At Saint Rocke. Daddy DJ is also there so it’s going to be an energetic evening of music. Joe sent PubClub this link for $15 tickets.
TOP UPCOMING EVENTS
• #TheNightlifeChat, PubClub.com’s Twitter Chat, Is Next Thursday; Topic Is St. Patrick’s Day
Set your smartphone calendars for next Thursday, March 9, at 4 p.m., for #TheNightlifeChat, PubClub.com’s highly popular Twitter chat. How popular? The last one had more than 1.8 million Twitter impressions! On March 9, we’ll be discussing St. Patrick’s Day with Twitter people from all over the USA, including several in the LA and South Bay area. It’s free to participate!
• St. Patrick’s Day Parade Hermosa Beach
Yes it’s almost St Paddy’s Day, so get ready for next Saturday’s parade in downtown Hermosa Beach! I’ll be riding in it again on my “blue baby,” the Kona beach cruiser, named Blue Hawaii, with Hermosa Cyclery.
• Pac 12 Basketball Tournament.
Feel like a road trip to Vegas? Excited about UCLA basketball, perhaps even USC? The Pac-12 tournament is next weekend at the new T-Mobile Arena in Vegas. Friday’s semifinals are at 6 & 8:30 p.m., with Saturday’s final at 8:30 p.m. Tickets prices start at $73 for the semis and $63 (yes, $10 lower!) for the final.
PUBCLUB PARTY REPORT SPECIAL FEATURE:
SOARING SKI RESORT LIFT TICKET PRICES
Remember a couple of weeks ago when I did a double-take the price of a lift ticket at Mammoth for President’s Day Weekend – $145!? Well I’ve done some more research and learned (much to my disappointment) that this is the going rate for a day of skiing here in the West. I think that’s what injured my knee; I fell out of my char with a thud! Here’s more of what I found in my research on these sky-high lift ticket prices:
Link: Outrageous Lift Ticket Prices At West Coast Ski Resorts
That’s it for the PubClub.com South Bay Party Report. For this and more go to PubClub.com, Where The South Bay – And the World! – Goes To Party!!!
Where The World Goes to Party!
Twitter: @pubclub, @barblogger
Twitter Chat: #TheNightlifeChat (Thursdays, 4 p.m. PT)
Leave a Reply