Avoiding Going From Erin Go Bragh To Erin Go Blah
You go from Erin Go Bragh to Erin Go BLAH!
When you’re drinking beer during a parade at 10 a.m., partying with thousands at post-parade block parties, singing “Seven Drunken Nights,” “Dirty Old Town” and other fun Irish drinking songs in bars and doing all the other things one does on St. Paddy’s Day, you’re not thinking of what you will feel like the next day.
You’re living in the moment.
But that can be a problem because while PubClub.com always feel you should live in moment, it’s also important to think ahead with certain things, and one of those things on St. Patrick’s Day is hangover prevention. And failing that, a hangover cure.
Well, hopefully you’ve read this article in advance and have either avoided the hangover from our tips below, or can take the following remedies and cures. Believe us when we say PubClub.com speaks from experience!
HANGOVER PREVENTION TIPS
• Don’t Do Shots Too Early. Sure you can get your “game face” on, but start your drinking slowly and whatever you do, don’t start with shots! Things can only go downhill from that point.
• Don’t Mix Drinks. If you start with one type of liquor, stick with it. Don’t have a vodka drink, then switch to whiskey, for example.
• Stick With Beer. You’re going to be drinking for several hours on St. Paddy’s Day and with that volume of alcohol, you’re way better off just sticking to beer the whole time. Of course, with anything, you can over-do it.
• Pace Yourself. it’s a long day (and, perhaps, night). Don’t pound the beer like it’s your first fraternity party.
• Drink Water On Occasion. It’s hard to grab some water instead of a beer or cocktail when it’s time to have another drink, but do it on occasion.
• Be sure to eat! And do it early, once you get rolling by drinking, you think “oh, I don’t need anything.” You’ll pay for that thought later.
HANGOVER CURES & REMEDIES
• Eat a banana. If you’re really hurting, eat two bananas.
• Don’t drink coffee (it will further dehydrate you). Iced tea, on the other hand is great; drink a gallon of it! (Unsweetened.)
• Do eat; make it something good and hearty.
• Keep hydrating by taking liquids; keep drinking water and/or iced tea or even lemonade.
• Take some aspirin or Tylenol. Or better yet, vitamins.
• Get out of bed, walk around, perhaps even do a light workout. You need to get the blood pumping
• Brush your teeth. Two or three times if you have to; the sooner you get rid of that “booze breath” the sooner you’ll start to feel better.
Erin Go Bragh!