How To Win The State’s Identifying Product, Including a Tower Of Cheese, In An Anniversary Celebration
In other words, it is the state’s identity.
Farmers have been making cheese in Wisconsin longer that it has been a state. That’s for 180 years, in fact.
To celebrate its 180th anniversary of cheesemaking in 2021, the state’s dairy farmers have launched The Great Wisconsin Cheese Giveaway, an entire month of in-store, restaurant and online promotions celebrating Wisconsin cheese that will culminate in a virtual event featuring award-winning cheesemakers and entertainment on May 26.
And since the cheese is too good to keep for themselves, the Dairy Farmers Of Wisconsin are including a big Wisconsin cheese giveaway. People who sign up on the giveaway website can win one of 180 prizes, including:
- Grand Towering Cheese Wheel Cake – designed and delivered for your next grand event
- World Champion Roth Grand Cru® Surchoix – an entire wheel of this championship cheese
- Exclusive, first taste of Hook’s 15-year aged cheddar before its Fall 2021 release
- Quarterly Curd Drops – seasonal shipments of fresh cheese curds from four different makers
- Assorted Gift Baskets – featuring cheeses inspired by Wisconsin’s European roots, the best blues, a cheddar flight or spicy favorites!
- Too Gouda to Be True – quarter wheel of award-winning Marieke Gouda
- Limited Edition Cheese Lover’s Box – featuring an exclusive, curated selection of fun Wisconsin Cheese swag and a $50 gift card to shop for Wisconsin Cheese
“We are proud to honor the incredible creativity and mastery of our state’s cheesemakers as we host this final event for American Cheese Month,” says Suzanne Fanning, Chief Marketing Officer for Wisconsin Cheese and SVP at Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin.
“Wisconsin cheesemakers continue to craft award-winning cheese rooted in centuries of history and heritage, as we’ve highlighted in retail, at restaurants and online all month long. We’re also thrilled to provide an opportunity to support a fantastic cause during this last event with the Great American Milk Drive.”
To make dairy more accessible to millions of people across the country, attendees are invited to donate to The Great American Milk Drive at the time of registration. The program helps deliver fresh milk to Feeding America® food banks which serve communities nationwide.
Wisconsin is the nation’s leading producer of specialty and award-winning cheeses, the only state that requires a license to make cheese and the only place outside Switzerland with a Master Cheesemaker program – all of which ensure you’ll be eating the world’s best cheese when you buy products with the Proudly Wisconsin Cheese® badge.
Look for the Wonders of Wisconsin cheese displays at over 7,000 grocery store locations throughout May as retailers nationwide put a spotlight on Wisconsin specialty cheeses during American Cheese Month.
Official Contest Rules can be found at WisconsinCheese.com/Contest-Rules.