Uncorking Vino For #WineLovers Celebration On #ThirstyThursday
If it helps you to decide, May 25 in 2017 is on a Thursday, which the thirsty people on social media know as #ThirstyThursday. No doubt it will be a widely-used hashtag that day.
National Wine Day is a day to fill your glass, to enjoy the special drinking atmosphere that wine develops, and to celebrate the experience wine brings into our lives. Here’s some tips on how to enjoy it with others:
• Check to see if any of your local restaurants and bars have any specials for National Wine Day. (Chances are they don’t even know about it, so go in a few days early to inquire and maybe they will create one.)
• Do the same at your local wine store or if you have any wine tasting locations.
• Know any local wine reps? Ask them if they have any events planned, know of any, or if any of their distributors are having discounts or specials on bottles of wine.
• Find the wine person at your local grocery store in advance and ask if they are having any discounts or specials that day. Like a lot of bars, chances are they don’t know about it and may be promoted to use it as a promotion.
• Alert all your friends or people you want to hang out with in advance that May 25 is National Wine Day and plan to meet out at a restaurant or bar to celebrate.
• Go wine tasting (contact wineries in advance to ask about any deals or discounts for this day).
• Host a wine party!
Whatever you do and where you do it, just grab a glass or a bottle and give a toast to wine!