The Best Beer Tents, Tickets & The Weather
The Big Gig, as it’s known, is the World’s Largest Music Festival
And you just don’t show up to it, you need to do some advance planning.
Thankfully, PubClub.com has Summerfest veteran Luau Larry to call upon to provide these top tips.
The 2016 dates are June 29- July 3 and July 5-1o.
• Take the shuttles to the event ($6 R/T). There are 11 park-and-ride lots around town. Out of town visitors should stay in a downtown hotel; it’s within walking distance of the festival.
• Luau Larry’s top picks are Lienie Lodge, his favorite stage is the Potawatomi Bingo Casino Stage and Pavilion, located between the Leinie Lodge and the Sprecher brewery and catering to mostly blues/zydeco/rock.
There’s also the Sprecker Brewery tent and for cocktails JoJo’s Martini Lounge.
• Ticket prices: $15 after 4 on weekends, $8 noon-4 weekdays. Sponsors have daily admission promotions.
• Cash and credit cards accepted on the grounds.
• No backpacks, beach/folding chairs.
• Take sunscreen and a long-sleeve shirt or jacket. While it’s summer, a sudden cool wind can blow in off the lake at night.
• For more information, lineups and advance ticket sales, visit the Summerfest web site.
• Summerfest Event & Party Guide